Chapter 16

The next morning the woman is awakened by the little girl who had hidden her face in her stomach in her sleep. Lana thought those awakenings were the sweetest thing that had ever happened to her. She couldn't help but put her arms around the slowly waking girl.

Lux was bewildered she remembered being in the car but she didn't remember how she got there.

"Goodmorning sweetheart!" Lana tells her softly, kissing her head.

"Hi" the girl replies by hiding the face of the woman's stomach again, keeping a firm grip on the latter's shirt.

"How did you sleep?"

"Fine"

"Come here" the woman takes the child and carries her with her head on her pillow so as to be face to face with her and starts kissing her cheeks repeatedly making the child chuckle.

"What shall we do today?" Lux asks for her and manages to escape from Lana's grip.

"What do you want to do?" Lana asks curiously.

"Stay like this"

"All day?"

"Yep .."

"Mmm, what do you think about lounging until lunch, eating and maybe a nice swim after lunch?"

"Is Renzo coming too?"

"Why?"

"You smile big when he's around. I like it, you look happier"

"I think you're wrong sweetheart" Lana says seriously "I'm ok with Renzo around but I'm happier with you"

At that point the girl gives her a big smile and prints a kiss on the cheek "I ..", the girl tries to say something about her but she fails and her eyes fill with tears.

"What's the matter baby?" the woman gets up and takes the little girl in her arms naturally. She knew what was going on and she didn't want Lux to feel bad about something she didn't have the courage to say she knew the little girl had been hurt many times and it wasn't easy for her to trust her neighbor.

"Sorry"

"For what?"

"Because I .. I don't know" the little girl bursts into tears even more.

"You know I don't care if you don't say those words do you? We've already talked about that, there are those who say them and those who demonstrate them. You show them to me every day"

"It's not true. You show me, because you always tell me, you take care of me and you spend time with me"

"Everyone proves it in their own way darling. You are adorable, the little girl everyone would like to have around, you are funny and super smart, and if you never ever tell me it honestly doesn't care because the kisses and hugs that you give me show me all the love you have towards me. I love you just as you are and I don't want this to be a thing for you "the woman says in the simplest way possible so that the little girl could understand what she meant "Love you just because you are like this"

The little girl thinks of her words that the woman has just said to her and they ring in her head but do not cheer her up because she was stubborn like no one ever.

She takes a deep breath and opens her mouth but nothing comes out. She takes a deep breath again and comes out that much wanted "I love you too" and immediately hides her face in the neck of the woman who holds her tight and kisses her head.

"You were so brave baby! Now stop crying or you will feel bad, breathe"

At Lana this was a great milecheck. This certainly did not change things or did not make the woman more or less love the girl but for Lux it wanted to be a declaration of trust and the woman was happy that after months they had reached that point.

At Lux's request, Lana and the little girl spend the morning in bed. They watch TV between a chat and a cuddle here and there. They both loved spending their time like this.

Lana also knew that she would soon have to explain to the little girl what would happen at the end of their vacation but she didn't want to ruin that moment so she decides to postpone the conversation for another time.

Just before lunch Lana's phone rings, a message, the woman smiles as she reads it.

"Who is she?" the little girl asks curiously.

"You're a meddler" the woman says jokingly.

"It doesn't matter if you don't tell me I know. It's the face you make when Renzo sends you a message"

"You're right" the woman says kissing the little girl "He is bringing lunch. Is this ok?"

"Can I say no to this face?" the girl imitates the woman.

"Also witty as well as meddlesome?" the woman says laughing.

After a while Renzo appears with many delicacies and the two quickly set the table enthusiastic to see their lunch.

"What did these women do this morning?" the man asks.

"Lazy all morning in bed" the girl says satisfied with her choice

"Seriously?"

"Yep"

"Why?"

"At the express request of the princess" Lana intervenes, getting up to take a fork and kissing the little girl's head.

"The holidays are about to end and you are wasting them in bed?" the man asks puzzled and the girl looks at him questioningly.

"When do we go away?" the girl asks the woman.

"A couple of days but don't worry about that now we'll talk about it later, go put your swimsuit on so you can go for a swim."

The little girl does what she is asked and the woman is a little annoyed by the man's question knowing that now Lux would have been thinking about that all day.

"I'm sorry I didn't think she didn't realize"

"I should have told her this morning but I didn't have the heart .. she seems so happy and make her change environment again .. well for her it's a big thing .."

"You could stay another week and maybe at the end of next week I could take some holidays and maybe come with you for a couple of weeks .."

"Are you serious? You don't even know where we're going .."

"I don't care where you go if I'm with you and Lux"

"I'll start shooting and I'll stay a few months in Canada, I want to go, I don't want to wait, otherwise I won't have time to set Lux at the umpteenth change .."

The man understands the woman's point even though she is sorry that she has decided to go and not stay.

"You can come and visit us" the woman tells her sitting on her lap "I will miss you .."

"Do you really want it?"

"Damn I want it" the woman says kissing him.

At that moment the girl returns and sees the two kissing.

"Iuuuuuuu this is disgusting" making both adults laugh.