Chapter 12

The next morning the woman is awakened by the ringing of the doorbell. Looking at the clock she realizes that it is only 7 her, she gets up still sleepy and runs to the door before the doorbell can wake the child.

"Hi I have a delivery for Lana"

"It's me"

"Can you sign here?"

"Of course"

A huge bouquet of white and powder pink roses decorated with evergreen branches are delivered to the woman. She takes them to the kitchen and placing them on the table drops a note.

"Thank you for spending the day yesterday with me. I realized I didn't give you my number, I hope to hear from you soon, Renzo"

That gift had put a smile on the face of the woman who, without thinking too much about her, takes her phone and sends a message to the man.

"Thank you for spending your free day with us. For the tour guide service and also for the flowers, they are beautiful"

"It was a day I'd like to repeat. I have patients all day but what about a dinner out? I'd like to take you and Lux ​​to a special place"

"I do not know.."

"I'm sure Lux will fall in love with this place. I'll pick you up at 7pm. Nothing too formal."

"See you at 7"

Lana in that turbulent moment did not expect such a person to enter her life and instead all of a sudden he shows up and manages to put her in a good mood and mentions Lux without any kind of problem. It had been a long time since he had remembered being so happy.

After making an agreement with Renzo Lana, she goes to wake Lux, who she finds wrapped up in a pile of blankets in tears.

"Baby what's going on?"

"You weren't here"

"I got up and went to the kitchen. Why didn't you come over there?"

"I checked the bathroom but you weren't there and I got scared and .."

"..and have you created a shield of sheets?" the girl nods her head and the woman takes her in her arms kissing her head "You are ok and safe, calm down now. I'm here. Next time you call me and I'll come if you're afraid, deal? "

"Deal!" the little girl says about her hiding her face in the woman's chest.

"No more tears now we have so many things to do .."

"Like what?"

"For today I had thought of a nice swim in the pool after breakfast, a walk on the beach and then Renzo invited us out for dinner if you want to go .."

"I'm coming" the girl says in a hurry and the woman makes a surprised face then the girl clarifies "you like Renzo because you are all coy around him so I know you want to go"

"Since when have you been able to understand certain things?"

"Since when have I observed"

"How much wisdom .." the woman answers laughing and attacking the girl with a tickle.

After spending a relaxing day swimming in the pool, walking on the beach they saw Lana intent on teaching Lux how to build a sand castle and some cardboard, the two begin to prepare for dinner.

Lux was wearing a white dress with a boat neck, long puffed sleeves that made her tanned complexion stand out thanks to the sun that day. Lana had arranged her hair in two boxer braids and the baby looked delightful.

Lana had decided to go for a brown jumpsuit that flattered her curves and a pair of heels.

At 7 o'clock Renzo rings the bell and the women had certainly achieved the goal of having an effect on the man who was speechless.

"Good evening sir" the man begins "let me say you are lovely"

After a thank you said in unison, the three set off towards the surprise that Renzo had prepared for them.

After a short drive, the three arrive in a place in the open countryside. The farmhouse is illuminated by fairylights everywhere that make the atmosphere magical and surreal. Lana and Lux ​​were enchanted.

"Renzo?" a man meets him in the parking lot.

"Federico, how long have we not seen each other?"

"Too much. When Chiara told me you were coming I was speechless, you should be seen more often!"

The two exchange a fraternal hug and Renzo introduces his two guests to his friend.

Federico leads the way and leads Renzo, Lana and Lux ​​behind the farmhouse where there was a huge patio with about twenty tables all illuminated with these dim lights. The three are seated and Lux's attention falls on a brightly lit reginto where a dozen children were playing with animals.

"Hey Lux, that looks funny. Want to go see?"

The girl nods her head.

"Are you sure? This is a very special place .. my friend Federico and his wife Chiara use animals to take care of children"

"Animals are not doctor silly" the little girl addresses the man for the first time.

"It's true but there are animals here that are a bit magical and therefore help the children to get better" the man says "Are you sure you don't want to come and see what happens there?"

"Can Lana come?" the little girl was intrigued but she didn't want to leave Lana.

"Sure it can" the man smiles "Can I?" asking the child if she can pick her up.

Renzo did not know the story of the child but from his attitudes he could understand that she came from a traumatic situation and had thought that such a situation would help to relax. His friends had opened that farmhouse to help the children through direct contact with animals as with hippotherapy which was maintained by the restaurant's income.

Renzo takes Lux to the enclosure and sees children inside playing with a calf, two horses and a few rabbits. The animals looked comfortable and the children were just smiles.

"This place is wonderful" Lana whispers to Renzo.

"Did I or didn't I tell you this morning that you would like it?"

"Hey Lux do you want to come in?"

"Renzo has never been in contact with animals except with my dog"

"There is always a first time and all children like horses!"

The man enters the pen with the child and puts the child on the horse and then he climbs up behind the child thanks to the rise in the fence. He takes the reins and sends the horse for a walk. The little girl was a piece of wood, terrified. After a few minutes even though she was in awe of the other children watching her she starts to melt and smile.

"Do you like?" Renzo asks the little girl.

"That's so cool" the girl replies.

Lana was in awe of how the man had made an effort to tear down the wall the girl builds around strangers.

After a couple of horseback rides and a very pleasant dinner, Renzo takes the two home.