Chapter 27

As promised by Lana, little Lux had not yet returned to school and all the problems remained outside the front door where everything was perfect. The little girl moved from the woman's room to the sofa becoming the small shadow of the woman, the days passed slowly between small chats, watching movies, board games and cooking. In Lux's eyes, a perfect life. The little girl seemed to bloom again and this was clear to Lana and Renzo who were considering putting her in home school and maybe helping the little girl's socialization skills with extra-curricular activities at least for a while.

Lana after a week decides to go back to work with due precautions. She seemed to blossom. If she could she looked even more beautiful, she gave off a light that radiated the room.

"Hey" the woman says entering the little girl's room to say goodnight "what are you doing?"

"I am reading.."

"Nice" the woman says sitting at the bedside of the child "I was thinking .. I was thinking that tomorrow I could go back to work and finish shooting before we start seeing .."

Lana had the little girl's full attention as she looked at her with wide eyes that made her fear shine through. Lux in that house with Lana had provided her safe haven where the wickedness of the world could not enter, nothing could hurt her and the idea of returning there outside her paralyzed her. Obviously her common sense told her that she could not stay there forever but her head sometimes plays tricks and reason takes a back seat.

"Lux look at me .. you can come with me and we will organize the school in another way, I don't care if you want to spend some time in home schooling.. one step at a time .. no rush"

"I want to stay here like today and yesterday"

"Cutie I have to go back to work and no one can spend their whole life segregated at home"

"Why not? I like it"

"Because it is not a real life. Life is not always fair and it is often scary, a lot of fear, but at the same time it gives you many unforgettable moments"

The girl snuggles up to the woman and thinks for a few seconds.

"Can I come with you?"

"You can definitely come with me but you have to keep my secret, only you and Enzo know it"

The child falls from the clouds as Lana's pregnancy had not been mentioned anymore and this brings back in the child's head the many insecurities that she had caught a few days before her when she had learned the news.

"No I want to stay here" the little girl says starting to put on a whim.

"Hey this has to stop!" the woman says firmly as the girl inadvertently hits the woman's lower abdomen with her knee. The woman stiffens and when the little girl notices what had just happened she runs away into her room.

The panicked woman calls her partner who rushes into her room and finds the woman in tears.

"What if something happened to the baby?" the woman say in tears explaining what happened.

"Nothing happened to the baby, she barely touched you. It is normal that you are anxious but do not pass these fears to Lux, she is already going through a lot" the man says taking the woman in her arms to console her .

Lana at that moment thinks she is lucky to have such a man close. Despite all the changes she is experiencing in her life he always finds a way to show her the good.

The two decide to let the little girl's fears subside and only after a few hours they try to enter her room and find her asleep on the floor, her face still marked by tears embracing a huge pillow.

"She is adorable" the man says looking at Lux.

"She has her moments but it's the only face she can't make me say no"

"We are in trouble with her, she has us in hand"

"Sometimes I'm afraid to be hard on her after everything she's been through, sometimes I think it takes to get her back on the line."

"You'll come to terms with it, you always find the way down. Shall we put her to bed?"

"Leave her there or you risk waking her up" the woman says of her, bending down to kiss her head and putting her on a thick blanket.