Chapter 21

At 5 in the morning a little voice wakes Lana. Lux was on the side of the woman's bed and called her in a faint voice as she touched her face with her hand to try to wake her but not Renzo.

"Baby what's going on?" the woman asks sleepily and looking at the clock.

"I can't sleep anymore"

"A bad dream?"

"No but I woke up feeling funny and then I thought about school and .."

Lana makes room for the baby and lets her into bed.

"Try to close your eyes" the woman whispers as she hugs the little girl's body "Everything will be fine and you are completely safe cutie" kissing the tip of his nose.

The little girl abandons herself to the sound of the woman's words repeated as a chant and shortly after she falls asleep. Lana hugs her and after a while she is out too.

"Hey you time for school" Renzo wakes up the little girl.

From the moment of awakening to being in front of the school it was a moment. In the morning people tend to be in a hurry even if they are not late but if they expect a big event maybe they are even more so. Both adults were thrilled and like any good parent they ask the little girl to pose for photos of her from her first day of school. Lux had skipped many years of school and all that carousel found it ridiculous but she didn't want to upset Renzo and Lana so she went along with them.

 The little girl was getting out of the car when the woman started to open the car door.

"Where are you going?" the girl asks.

"I'll take you to class"

"Ok I'm not two years old I don't know how it works but I don't see other children of my age with adults behind them. I'll get by on my own thanks" the girl replies firmly.

"There's nothing wrong with that, it's all new, it's ok for me to accompany you"

"No thanks, you explained to me what I needed to know. I find the principal's office, they give me my class, I find the class, I sit in silence, I change the class and so on until 3 am where I go out"

"Ok .." the woman says uncertainly.

The girl gets out of the car and without turning she goes to the entrance. She wanted to turn around and be reassured but she knew the tears would start to fall and they wouldn't stop. Lana was proud of how her little girl wanted to conquer her normality but she was afraid of the obstacles that her life would put in front of him.

"We are alone and you don't start working until Monday"

"Then?"

"I have something in mind"

"You are a pig"

"And you love me for this too"

While the parents were carving out some time as adults, the child follows the directions to find the principal's office where she is received by a kind woman who gives her her schedule and gives her directions on how to find her class but seeing her confused expression. he leaves the classroom and comes back with a girl about his age at his side.

"Lux, this is Kate. She is her in your year and she will show you around the school and she will accompany you to class. Is this ok?"

"Yes" the little girl replies shyly.

The two leave the office in religious silence. Lux was uncomfortable having never confronted a child of her age except infrequently on the playground and she was not sure how to behave. She didn't want to be strange.

"Hey are you ok?"

"Yes"

"Well as Miss Salomon said I'm Kate and we'll be in class together"

"Ok"

"Aren't you of many words?"

"No it's that .."

"Being new is not easy especially for you"

"What do you mean?" the little girl asks worried about what Kate might know about her.

"This is a small town. There has never been a new student in this school since I have been attending it all along. The actors are returning from LA so everyone knows that you are the daughter of Lana Parilla"

The little girl had noticed at the airport and during their vacation that the woman was often stopped to take pictures or sign different things but she had never given us much weight also because the woman always tended to protect her privacy so Lux had never considered the thing as an important thing but apparently it was because everyone knew who he was and it embarrassed her a lot.

"She is"

"This is very cool and I'm telling you now before he joins the Chelsea and popular group"

"Popular group?"

"Yes, the important ones. But where have you lived up to now?"

"I have never been in the popular group and even now I prefer to fly low"

"Surely you will change your mind but it's ok"

"I do not think.."

As Kate had predicted before entering the classroom, a group of girls led by a very tall and very blonde girl approaches them.

"You're the new celebrity"

Lux does not respond.

"Too posh to deign to answer?"

"I'm not a celebrity so I don't know what to say"

"Aren't you the little girl from Parilla?"

"Then?"

"You are"

"No I'm not and I would like to go to class" the girl says as she passes the group of girls followed by Kate and enters the classroom.

Chelsea approaches the place where Lux had taken her seat and which Kate had sat next to.

"You will soon understand that it is better to sit with us instead of with losers like this"

"I think I have chosen well with whom to sit"

The day for Lux after the opening episode of Chelsea goes by in a quiet, almost pleasant way. The little girl was used to Lana's company and then she got used to Renzo's presence but spending time with Kate was enjoyable.

Lux's new friend had confessed that she had no friends and Lux found this strange because she considered the little girl cool. They had so many things in common such as a love of reading and movies.

Lux had found out that Kate only had one mom who worked as a makeup artist for the show that Lana was a part of but she didn't work with the woman directly.

"Maybe we can spend time together even after school on the set"

"I don't know if I'll go there but maybe you can come to my house. I ask when I get home"

The girls smile and greet each other having seen their mothers' cars respectively.

"How did your day go?" the woman asks excitedly seeing the little girl open the car door.

"Everything good"

"Just this?"

"Yup"

"What have you learned?"

"Nothing in particular but I think I've found a friend"

"I want to know everything about this friend"