A Night Out

Jay's POV

"When are you going to stop getting black eyes, Jay?" 

"Whenever people stop beating me up." 

Nya rolled her eyes at her mumbling boyfriend as she placed an icepack on his right eye, the one Morro had managed to punch during their fight. 

"Then just stop getting into fights and that might fix things." 

"The bastard was downgrading you-" 

"Jay-"

"I was defending your honor-" 

"I can defend my own honor, Jay. You just need to learn to cool it before things got out of hand. What would've happened if the others weren't there to break up the fight? What if Morro had a gun on him? What of you or him went too far? What would've happened, Jay? Tell me. I'm all ears." She told him, her eyes threatening to tear him limb by limb if he spoke something different in mind. 

I sighed, and insisted to hold the icepack from Nya's grasp, "I have no excuse." 

"That's what I thought." 

Then we heard exaggerated gag from the older Smith sibling, "Gross, you act like a married couple. No wonder Ed and Edna wants you to have kids." 

Nya and I turned around to see Kai leaning against the door leading in the kitchen of the Noodle House. Behind him was the one and only Skylor who held a huge grin on her face for the likes of things. 

Nya and I were sitting at one of the Noodle House's dining tables as Nya was fixing me up from the brawl with Morro. My girlfriend stood up and walked over to her brother and Skylor, leaving me behind in my own thoughts. 

How could I be so careless? I could've endangered my girlfriend from him. What if Nya was right? What if Morro was armed and tried to use it. What if he used it on Nya? That monster. If I was smarter none of this would've happened- 

"Jay." someone called. 

I turned my attention over to Kai, his facial expression held a similar feeling that happened months ago when I was beat up only after a week.

"What's up?" I asked, a grin appearing on my face, but only to retaliate when my eye started to twitch in an uncomfortable sensation. 

The hothead's face brunched up in disgust from my eye that slipped out from the icepack, "Yikes, that's worse than the last time. Memories, am I right?" He chuckled, though his humor did not please me. 

Kai sat down next to me and wrapped his arm over my shoulders. Either this was a red flag or a blessing, couldn't tell you if I tried to be honest. 

"The gang thought we should spend the night over at my apartment. Lloyd got Morro situated with their parents and Cole & Zane are going to sneak out and come over too. For one, it'll give you a chance to heal up before your parents find out, and two because I think we all deserve a little break from all the chaos that's been happening." 

I smiled, "That'll be great. Let me text my parents and we can head on out." 

After a few minutes of convincing my ma, she allowed me to spend the night over at Kai and Nya's apartment. I did receive a text telling me to not get funky with Nya...  the fact that's the first thing she thought of to text me is a little concerning to say the least. 

The fact I even understood the text she sent after is too brutal for young ears to hear. 

A heavy wave of heat loomed over my cheeks at the thought, stupid dirty mind.