Exploring

Jay's POV

I went over to my phone to see a text message from the group chat. The chat included Kai, Nya, Zane, Lloyd, and Cole. It seems that the message was from Cole, who none of the group had heard from for a while. 

Cole: Meet me at the Coffee Shop across the street of the high school tomorrow at 12.

I texted back immediately saying that I would see him there as did the others. I wonder if this has something to do with his mother? Or about his home life and all? That's what's tough about the situation is that he doesn't really tell us anything. The most I've seen him open up is about skateboarding and his obsession with cake.

Shaking the feelings out of my head, I go to bed for the night and just awaited for noon to arrive. Soon it was morning and I woke up to a good morning text from Nya. 

Nya: Morning, BlueJay <3

Jay: Good day to you, my darling <3

Nya: You nervous after Cole's text? After what had happened at the hospital, I'm really worried. 

Jay: I'm worried too. I just hope it isn't as bad as what we think. 

Nya: Do you need a ride? Kai and I can pick you up. 

Jay: Yes please, Pa's truck is malfunctioning again. 

Nya: Alright, we'll pick you up at ten.

Jay: Ten? But we don't meet up until noon?

Nya:  Kai wants to show you the station XD

Jay: Or do you want to show me the station ;)

Nya: Jay Walker!

Jay: What!?! 

Nya: I'll see you in at ten, you dork.

I smiled at the message and chuckled, she gets so flustered when it comes to anything not so sweet and innocent which in my opinion is the cutest thing ever. I could just imagine the huge blush across her face at reading my text. 

Checking over at my clock, it was already a little over nine, so I went to get ready for the day. Originally I was planning on wearing some casual attire, but now since I'm getting a tour of the police station I need to be all dressed up. 

I went into my closet and picked out a blue button up and brown dress pants and called it done. After getting dress, I went to the kitchen and got out some cereal from the pantry, not even noticing Ma and Pa sitting at the kitchen table. 

"Son, why are you all fancied up? Are you and Nya goin on a date?!?" 

"What-"

"Oh my goodness, he's blushing like a peach. I'm going to get my camera so I can take some photos! Oh I bet you, Ed, that they'll get married. I'm going to have the most beautiful grandbabies in all of Ninjago-"

"No-"

"Where are you going to take her, son? Somewhere for steak, maybe a drive in movie like the old days, or-"

"I'm not going on a date, Pa." I said to them, slapping my forehead in the process. 

My parents looked at me confused," Then what's with the get up?" Ma questioned. 

I poured in some cereal while I explained, "Kai and Nya are going to pick me up at ten-"

"So it's a supervised date, gotcha." 

I felt my cheeks starting to heat up from the remark, "They're picking me up at ten so I can get a tour of the police station before I start working, and then we're going to meet up with the rest of the group for coffee at noon."