˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 7

tw: memory loss, blood

techno had fuzzily remembered the words he had muttered to y/n in his drunken state last night, however he still remembered them. his head ached, sitting in that same spot from last night, but y/n removed from his hold. she hadn't mentioned it- and he most definitely was not going to bring it up. his mind spun around, thinking of every possibility imaginable. she was rummaging through technos bookcases, neatly pinned on the walls. part of him hated how she was so ignorant about things- but so innocent. he hated how she would get easily confused and forget things- yet she could always remember small details- and he hated how she parted her hair, her soft hair- and he hated her skin- so effortlessly imperfectly, perfect. he hated how her lips would part when she looked up at him, and how her eyes would twinkle- and then she'd tug those stupid, soft lips into an enchanting grin. he hated how she could look so beautiful, even in his old- tied up shirt.

"techno? which book should i read now?" y/n mumbled, shuffling through his bookcases. he sighed, face slightly flushed.

"um- try something fictional. you've been reading too much nonfiction" he huffed,

"what are fictional books like?" she mumbled, turning to face him. he sucked in some air- reverting his gaze away,

"like- made up stories, they aren't real" he grumbled.

"oh..." she whispered,

"try romeo and juliet, you'd like that" he sighed, standing up.

"what's it about?" she replied, looking up at him, and parting those lips. he furrowed his brow,

"love, or, something of the sort" he mumbled, walking away. y/n nodded, love? she hadn't heard of love before. but it sounded so familiar, and so welcoming, she couldn't help but eagerly begin reading romeo and juliet.

----

"techno!" y/n shouted, "where are you!?", techno huffed.

"basement!" he replied.

"oh!", techno heard some slight shuffling and y/n hopping down the stairs, a leather book tucked in between her hands. "what are you doing down here?"

"repairing my sword" he grumbled, leaned over the dark anvil. "don't get any closer- this magic could hurt you...", y/n nodded, stepping back.

"oh- well- i wanted to talk to you... this book! it's sad! it doesn't feel like love..." she frowned.

"well...sometimes love doesn't feel good" he grumbled,

"i don't really understand! if they loved eachother why did they die!?" she sniffled, "it's not fair!"

"don't cry- it's just fiction..." he huffed.

"yes- but it feels..." she began,

"heartbreaking?" he mumbled, y/n nodded. "they died because..." he furrowed his brow- "there's some people you might love so much, you'd put your life on the line if it meant their safety" he sighed, turning around and taking off his gloves.

"really?" she whispered, he nodded.

"like- me and phil... i think i'd put his life before mine if it really came down to it",

"you love phil like romeo loves juliet?" she tilted her head,

"no- i love phil the way... someone loves a brother, or a friend" he chuckled.

"so then how does romeo love juliet?" she whispered, that familiar twinkle in her eye. he sighed, thinking.

"they love eachother like- when you want to hold someone..." he frowned, "or... kiss them, or keep them safe, or warm. or when you love everything about them, even the tiny details" he mumbled, "or when you like the way they look, or the way they smell", y/n nodded, smiling.