˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 9

tw: memory loss

"we're almost there" techno grinned from the back of his horse. y/n sat tucked in front of him, comfortably leaning on his chest, and cuddled up in a blanket. roses forming onto her nose and cheeks from the pinching wind and falling snow- "you're lucky hybrids just run at a naturally high temperature" he smirked, huddling over her some more, and tugging at the reins in front of them.

"your horse is so pretty" she smiled, looking back at techno.

"mhm... he's a rare color, and i lined his armor with emeralds... for good luck" he chuckled.

"is that what they symbolize? how lovely... i think emeralds suit you well" she mumbled.

"me?" he huffed, she nodded. "hm..."

"gold too...!" she grinned, he chuckled.

"ill keep that in mind" he nodded, "you know what suits you?"

"what?" she looked back up at him.

"rose quartz" he mumbled,

"really?", techno nodded. "love, rose quartz symbolizes love" she smiled. techno went red, his eyes wandering above him.

"o-oh... really? i had no idea" he stated- however he was very much aware of crystals and their meanings.

----

arriving at the town, techno huffed- keeping himself covered in the red cape he routinely wore in public.

"there's a lot of people today..." he grumbled, the cobblestone roads lined with golden street lamps and busy bodies trading and talking. the colorful buildings engulfing them, and the fresh smell of bakeries wafted around. y/n grinned, watching all the people stroll around, occasionally her eyes wandering away to something so attention getting she had to stop- like the woman with the most peculiar fluffy hat, it almost looked as if it had a tail.

"how strange...!" she smiled, "i don't remember seeing so many unique people last time we were here!" she whispered, allowing techno to tug her on further.

"there's probably some big trading event..." he grumbled-

"oh look-!" y/n dashed past techno, in front of a golden trimmed window. he sighed, walking up to her side,

"it's not that special..." he mumbled.

"isn't it just adorable!" she smiled up at him.

"it's just a cat..." he grumbled down at the fluffy kitten nestled up behind the glass.

"oh there's another one!" she said giddily as another cat jumped up into the windowsill.

"c'mon- there's plenty of cats in the world" he mumbled, tugging y/n along the cobblestone again.

"i read you can keep cats as pets! have you ever had a  cat?" she questioned, eyes sparkling up at techno.

"um, yes... a long time ago. when i was a lot younger" he smiled. y/n nodded,

"i cant remember if i had any pets... but i'm sure i wouldve loved them a lot" she mumbled. techno nodded.

"well-" he looked forward, and he inhaled sharply- a familiar face stood out in the sea of people in front of them- that scar he left behind standing out like a sore thumb. "shit-" he winced, quickly grabbing y/n's wrist and tugging her into an empty alleyway with a soft gasp. he pressed himself against the wall- his arm holding y/n against the same- and his other hand hovering over the sword attached to his belt.