࿐ ˚ . ✦ 23

tw: mentions of past abuse

technoblade hadn't remembered the last time he felt so vulnerable. as he gazed at the sleeping beauty below him. he studied her steady breathing, they way her chest would rise and fall elegantly, keeping her alive. she was so fragile compared to him, he could snap her in two without a second thought, yet here she was, in the beasts den. he frowned, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. a peculiar, however, familiar feeling arose in the back of his mind, the voices chattering along with it. he curled his lip, snarling at the desire. techno swallowed, leaning over y/n. she kept the same, softly sleeping in the morning light. he blinked, gently burrowing his face into her neck and inhaling. he loved her scent, the way it made him tingle and flutter, and how he craved it so dearly- like he could never get enough. however, he had work to do.

----

y/n blinked her eyes open, running her hand down the bedsheets to find techno, all that remained was the large indent in the mattress, left cold. he must've gotten up early. she rustled out from under the blankets, the silk slip dress techno had gotten for did little justice in keeping her warm however. she shivered at the cold wooden floor, and tip-toed out of the bedroom.

"tech?" she whispered, the floor creaking below her steps,

"in the kitchen" he called, y/n followed his voice, walking past a snoozing moon sat in the fireplace.

"you got up early," she smiled, the raspiness of sleep still lingering.

"i did" he grinned, keeping his eyes focused on the papers below him.

"what are you writing...?" she mumbled, nuzzling her cheek into his arm and peeking down at the fancy writing.

"a letter, to quackity" he stated, signing his name at the bottom. "-asking him for a meeting" he sighed.

"do you think he'll write back...?" y/n hugged his arm, trying to steal the warmth off his skin. he smiled,

"most likely... he likes a challenge" techno ran his fingers through y/n's hair, watching her purr at the affection.

"if you do meet up with him, will you take me with you?" she pouted her lip. techno rubbed his chin, sighing.

"i don't know-..." he mumbled,

"-please!" she ran her hands up his chest. he curled his lip,

"...fine..." he grumbled, "but you won't leave my side...", y/n nodded happily, happy to be able to stay with him- she hated being alone, even moon wasn't the best company. "can you give this to the owl...?" he whispered while rolling up the letter, tying it neatly with lace. she nodded, taking the paper and skipping to the snowy owls cage. she unlocked the metal, and allowed the bird to climb onto her hand.

"c'mon dear" she smiled at the owl, letting him take the paper between his beak and fly out the window. "what a sweet bird" she grinned, shutting the window behind him.

"he's one intelligent owl, set me back a couple thousand emeralds..." techno chuckled.

"we should get more animals...!" she whispered, clinging onto technos arm again. techno hummed at the affection, adoring the way she said, we, rather than, you, a small gesture of loyalty.

"i think i'm in love with you" he sighed, staring down at the table. y/n gazed up at him, her eyes gentle and kind.

"really?" she whispered. he nodded. she threaded her fingers up his cheeks, turning his head to face her. "i'm in love with you too", he closed his eyes, placing his hand over hers and leaning into the touch.

"i've never felt so... loved" he mumbled.

"not even by your family...?" y/n asked.

"phil found me in the nether when i was young, i was alone and beaten... he raised me but, he has more of a 'tough love' approach" techno frowned.

"how could anyone hurt someone so beautiful... and kind?" she frowned, rubbing her thumb over his jawline. he whimpered, so unused to the affection, it felt so foreign to him. he almost immediately wrapped his arms around her, lifting her up onto the table in front of him- he hesitated- stepping closer up to her face, part of him wanting to spoil and ravish her, another just wanting to melt into her touch. he frowned, tears welling below his eyelids- and he buried his face into y/n's shoulder, letting out quiet sobs.

"i cant lose you..." he sighed, his arms tightly locking her body onto his. she wrapped his own arms around him, threading her fingers through his hair-

"you won't lose me"

please make sure to vote <3