˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 8

tw: memory loss

y/n had her nose buried in a particularly light hearted book- she needed it after the heart aching romeo and juliet. however, she could faintly hear the light footsteps of techno approaching, she brushed it off though, focusing harder on the world book of fungi. but before she could even begin reading the next page- techno leaned down, his face hovering over her shoulder and narrowing his eyes at the book in front of him.

"boring" he muttered, grabbing the book from her hands.

"hey-!" she hissed, but before she could reach up to try and retrieve it- techno had place another book in her hand.

"you'll like this better" he grinned. y/n examined the book, it was rather thick but seemed older, notes being tucked inbetween pages. she flipped through the bulky book, each page littered with big words and scribbles of handwriting on the side- and on the front, the title read:

"anarchy, authority, and the flaws of government" she read out loud, "what does all that mean?" she leaned her head back to face techno, only to be met with a cocky, knowing grin.

"read it and find out" he scrunched up his nose, stepping away and walking towards the kitchen.

"are you indoctrinating y/n into your own political and philosophical ideologies?" phil grinned, his eyes lifting from his own book.

"maybe" techno sighed, giving phil another toothy grin.

"how immoral" he gasped, smile creeping up even further.

"i know, i'm bad" techno chuckled "but she's smart. she'll understand..."

----

"techno!" y/n called, stumbling into the kitchen. he grinned into his cup of tea, quickly setting it down and peaking over his enchanted books.

"hm?"

"this book..." she held up the manifesto techno had given her.

"did you finish it?" techno set his book down.

"yes i did," she began,

"what do you think?" he tilted his head.

"why would you give this one to me, it was hard to understand... and confusing, it hurt my head!" she frowned.

"you didn't get any of it?" techno sighed,

"well... no- i got some of it... like- why would someone exploit so many people like that!?" she sighed, "does that actually happen? or is this fiction?"

"no- it isn't fiction" he huffed, "i once knew a place just like it", y/n frowned.

"that sounds awful" she mumbled, "this book is too sad-"

"it's real" he stated, "...i think i've been too soft on you",

"what do you mean?" she whispered,

"there are things, terrible things about this world, and you don't remember them... i don't want you to have to feel all that pain" he mumbled, taking the book from her. "it's my fault... i shouldn't have sheltered you so much", y/n frowned again. he sighed, thinking for a moment... "i'm going to take you to the nether, it's dangerous but- you can handle it- you need to be prepared for things"

"the nether?" she mumbled, "i think i read about something like that... the depths of hell shall curse thee and cleanse thy soul" she quoted. techno smirked, proud of how intelligent she was becoming.

"pretty much, if you want to believe all that-"

"what do you mean?" she hushed, stepping closer.

"you know... like religion..." he mumbled, only receiving a blank stare in response. he sighed, "okay- some people believe in the bible and god..."

"-the bible! i read that, it's in your collection... do you believe in that?"

"no- i don't really believe in anything" he grumbled,

"what other things do people believe in...?" she stepped closer again, causing technos skin to flush pink, suddenly conscious of the space they shared.

"well... some people believe in multiple gods... some
people believe in monsters, or themselves, or soulmates... things like that"

"what are soulmates?" y/n stared curiously up at techno. he couldn't help but let a soft smile fade into the cracks of his skin. she listened, she really listened. he liked being listened to. to liked to teach.

"the theory that two people are... meant to be together, in love forever. like... love at first sight" a small flutter of anticipation arose inside of him, his pointed ears hot under locks of hair-

"who ever loved, that loved not at first sight" y/n mumbled, staring up at him, eyes glittering and glossy.

"shakespeare" he smiled, lifting a hand up and tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"as you like it... act three" she whispered, breath heavy.

"for someone who's lost their memory, you seem to take up literature so well" he grinned, "you remind me of myself, before i became so... brute-like" he frowned, pausing. "promise me you'll stay curious forever", y/n smiled, nodding.

"i promise" she replied, stepping back from techno- his flutter fading away, and he let his hands fall down. "when can we go to the nether?" she grinned, eyes wide and curious again.

"um- after we head into town" he mumbled, fumbling with his hair.

please make sure to vote ! <3