Hopeful Beginning

(Cover art by Fritz_and_red)

"Nightmare, can you believe it!? We get a chance to be sent down to The Overworld!" Dream said excitedly to his twin brother, his mask resting on the side of his head. His smile was giant and his happiness was definitely contagious.

"A chance? We'll definitely be sent down! We've been working at this our whole lives!" Nightmare replied, his own mask resting on the side of his head. The two brothers laughed, their eyes shining.

"Now boys, don't get cocky! Admins are supposed to have humility." A voice said. The twins looked over to see another chosen admin in all black and purple called Ender. Ender was like the twin's older sister and she was everything admins were supposed to be, so it was no surprise she was one of the chosen.

The two brothers greeted Ender happily, the girl messing up their hair a little bit. Dream and Nightmare did have a biological sister as well, a little sister named Drista who looked more like Dream than she did Nightmare. Siblings were quite rare in The Plane since every admin was created from one of the giant flowers, which usually only created an admin every million years and the admin the floor gave birth to before then usually had to be dead before hand.

Dream and Nightmare were already rare, since they were twins born from the same flower, so when the flower gave birth two Overworld years later everyone was surprised. Even more surprising was the fact that not only did they all have the full admin powers bestowed by the flower, but their magic even exceeded some of the normal powers. Therefore it was little surprise Dream and Nightmare were chosen, and everyone expected Drista to be chosen once she was "old" enough.

●○■□□■○●

Dream wasn't jealous when Ender was sent down before him, and he wasn't jealous when many of his "classmates" were sent down before him either. The elders were very clear that Dream and Nightmare would be going, they just couldn't send to many admins at a time or else The Overworld might be damaged. Dream wasn't even jealous when Nightmare got the chemical and was sent down before him either. Dream knew he would have his time one day, it was only a matter of time. Besides, twins weren't separated by much time when they were sent down and neither were siblings.

Dream did become worried when Nightmare's portal to The Overworld malfunctioned and his twin brother was sent to an unknown realm. He was worried when the elders revealed that they couldn't find him. Dream became sad knowing he wouldn't join his brother in The Overworld. Dream was also sad when he learned because of the malfunction, it was unlikely Drista would join him in The Overworld. But Dream held his head high when he was injected with the chemical and sent down.

Despite everything, Dream was excited to see The Overworld and be able to help it grow as an admin. He was excited to watch his minions, or children as admins called them, form and grow. Dream knew it would be hard, especially without his family, but Dream was ready for it.

Or so he thought.

542 words