The Transformation and The Blob

Loud, painful screaming filled the prison, but only two heard it. 

Nightmare watched helplessly as his brother screamed in pain as his body began to rip itself apart and rebuild into a monster. Nightmare couldn't do anything to ease his twin's pain, nor could he make the process go faster or stop.

He watched as Dream's mask formed into his face, feathers sprouting out of him. Every change was painful, and he wasn't the only one experiencing it. His blobs began to change as well, though luckily the process wasn't painful for them.

The only blob that wouldn't go through the process had left already. Nether ran as far and as fast as they could, since no one knew if they would be safe from the others. Nightmare was worried for his child, but at the moment he was more concerned about Dream.

He did feel himself became more corporeal and he was now visible, but none of that mattered to him. The only thing that mattered was Dream and his pain. Nothing could help him, and eventually the green-clothed mask wearer begged Nightmare to leave the prison and watch over his old friends, his words slowly turning into bird-like screeches. 

Kissing his brother's forehead, Nightmare promised to watch them. He left with tears in his eyes, knowing that soon his brother would be completely gone. He also knew that there was nothing he could do, and Nightmare hated it.

He would fulfill his promise, but first he needed to find Nether. The only one he had left and his child. He hoped they were safe, since Nightmare knew Dream and his children were not.

●○■□□■○●

Tommy was confused when he, Sapnap, and George found a white and red blobby creature who had a face resembling Dream's mask. The creature was trembling in fear, and was obviously sad as well. 

The three decided to take it to where they had been staying, where Techno and Bad were waiting. None of the five could figure out what it was, and it made no noise. It did eventually calm down, and when it did it picked a flower that gave to Tommy for reasons unknown.

They had now had the creature for six days, and found out it understood them and was called Nether. Or at least, they thought it was called Nether. It didn't speak or anything, but it did respond when they said Nether or called it Nether.

The five would take turns watching it, though it seemed to like Techno the most. No one was certain why that was, but Techno didn't mind the creature so it wasn't a big problem.

It didn't eat anything, which was odd, but it was perfectly healthy. Or at least they thought it was, since they couldn't be completely sure. Either way, they all kinda liked the creature even though it did slightly resemble Dream.

It was very small and always appeared in odd spots, but it definitely wasn't dangerous. It couldn't do any damage, and never seemed like it could take any damage. If it wasn't for the fact that it could move around, they would have thought it was an inanimate object.

It did bring them things they lost or accidentally left behind, which was greatly appreciated. Though no one knew how it got them or how it could carry them, since most of the items were bigger than it's entire body.

However, during the weeks they had the creature, something felt... off. Tot felt like someone was watching them, almost angrily, and like something important had happened. Something very, VERY, important, but no one could quite figure out what it was that made them feel like this.

Then again, they didn't have all the pieces. What would they think and do if they do have all the pieces? How would they feel about certain characters? Well, I suppose we may never know, or perhaps we will now soon. Life is quite the game player, and you never know what they may do.

675 words