The Truth

(WARNING! Lots of exposition!)

Dream was now The Overworld age of 19, and he loved The Overworld. He made many friends and was very happy. Sure he had to keep his past secret and he did miss his siblings very much, but Dream was happy nonetheless. He used his unknown powers to help The Overworld grow and prosper, for that was his purpose, but he still got to be like a person from The Overworld. Even though they called him an admin, they didn't know the true meaning of the name.

Tommy, George, Sapnap, Tubbo, Wilbur, Fundy, Technoblade, Bad, Skeppy, Quackity and so many other amazing people were his friends and he loved them all. Some he loved more than others, but that's beside the point! Dream was happy and he couldn't wait for his children to appear.

●○■□□■○●

Dream was sleeping in his bed when suddenly he heard a voice. He sat up and looked around the room, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Already awake, he began to stretch.

"Good, you're still such an idiot! I'm behind you dumb*ss!" A familiarly angry voice said. Dream quickly turned around to see the floating form of his red and black wearing twin. 

"Nightmare?" Dream asked, surprising showing on his normally masked face. Nightmare rolled his eyes and sighed, nodding condescendingly. 

"Listen, and I mean really listen cause this is important. The chemical is not what you think it is. It does let us keep our powers in The Overworld, but there's a side effect the elders never mentioned. After your minions appear, you'll only have a year or so before you turn into a giant monster that will try to kill the people of The Overworld and your minions will become smaller versions of that monster. If we act quickly, we-" Nightmare tried to explain before Dream cut him off.

"Wait wait wait, what? I haven't seen you in years! How did you even get here?! Why are you floating and see through!? How do you know all this?! Are you even really Nightmare!?" Dream asked, his hands on his head in confusion. Nightmare sighed, though this time it wasn't as exasperated as before.

"I am Nightmare. I landed in an alternate version of The Overworld, a version of it without admin interference. I lived there for years, and it was much better suited for me and my personality than The Overworld would have ever been. I lived there for years until I died. After a while of living there as an unseen ghost, I discovered how to travel through realms. Eventually I found the old elder Axen's notes and research that got him cast out of The Plane." Nightmare said, floating down so he was now sitting next to Dream on the bed. His mask was resting on the side of his head so you could see his pained and sad expression.

"I read through them and I discovered that the chemical had a side effect. Like I said, after the minions of an admin appeared, the admin had a year or so before he became a monster that would try and kill The Overworld people, or players. Axen was still able to watch The Overworld, so some of his notes were new. He wrote about what happened to our 'classmates', including Ender. They turned into monsters and most were killed, although their monsterized minions still exist and go after players." Nightmare said. Dream could see a few tears in his eyes, and he felt tears in his own eyes as well.

"What... What happened to Ender?" Dream asked hesitantly. After all, Ender was the one sent right before Nightmare's portal malfunctioned, so if anyone was alive she would be.

"She's the Ender Dragon, the same one players want to kill so badly. She and a few others discovered what was happening to them and managed to get away. She created a realm for herself called The End, though her minions, the Endermen, can sometimes come into The Overworld." Nightmare said, his tears finally spilling. Dream felt himself start to cry. Not only was the girl who he had considered family now a monster players were desperate to kill, he was on his way to becoming like her and killing the players he now considered friends.

A knock on the door caused the twins to jump, Dream quickly grabbing his mask and putting it on. George's voice called out, asking if Dream was alright since he heard some noises from his room. Dream assured his friend that he was totally fine and there was no reason to worry. George sounded skeptical when he responded, but he left anyways.

"You can't kill yourself, they'll just send someone else down. It's the same if you go to another realm. I have an idea, but neither of us are going to enjoy it. We'll have to get a place that no one can escape from and no one can break into, and we'll have to get everyone to hate you enough to put you inside. You'll have to manipulate them, break them, and lose them all. That, or let either you or another admin kill them all. You don't have to respond yet, but once your minions come you'll have to make your choice." Nightmare said before disappearing.

889 words