Driving Lessons

"Baby come down already, you're not walking a runway just yet," Katy sipped her iced chai and waited for Willa to get downstairs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Willa called out, donning a gray cashmere cardigan (that she took out of Katys' closet) and a black sexy tank and black cargos. She skipped down the steps.

"Ready to drive for the first time in California?"

"Yes!"

The two walked into the lot where Katy kept her cars. "Which one do you want to take?"

Willa walked along, passing the Jeep, classic cars, and Maserati. Until she laid her eyes upon one she was quite fond of, and had been fond of for a while. She pointed at the black Porsche suv.

"That one," she clasped her hands together looking up at Katy like an excited puppy.

"Ah, my Porscha." Katy winked. "My girls' got style."

The two were driving down the Pacific Coast Highway when they hit a bit of traffic. The windows of the car were tinted but Katy and Willa were sharing a blunt, and Katy would roll down the window ever so often to ash it. But this was the wrong time.

The sun was beaming down on a shit ton of cars and as soon as Katy rolled her window down, she heard music blaring from the orange sportscar next to hers. It was filled with a bunch of teens or college students, Katy couldn't tell. Then she heard those four dreaded words.

"Katy! Oh my God!" Their car was now at a standstill on the highway, with cars beeping behind them to hurry up.

"Shit," Katy rolled the window back up and Willa looked over from the passenger seat.

"How do you even survive with fans knowing your cars and you can't even roll down your own window?!"

"I don't, Willa." Katy laughed. "I fucking don't."

Katy specifically didn't want her security following her for this car ride because she just wanted some alone time with Willa being mobile, showing her around town and Malibu and all of the other magical places you could find near LA, or at least surrounding it. First she wanted to start off with the One, the infamous Pacific Coast Highway, where you could see the water and mountains at the same time.

"I'm pulling over soon. You're getting in this drivers' seat." Katy mumbled with her hand on Willas' thigh, stroking her thumb up and down. She knew Willa didn't have much driving skills living in the city of New York, so she wanted to slowly ease her into getting used to driving in California–– where no one could actually drive, by the way.

As soon as the traffic let up, Katy hit the gas and sped away from the orange sportscar and soon they found a little shindig on one exit of the highway, where tourists take pictures, and motorcyclists stop to rehydrate. "Ready?" She looked over at Willa who looked incredibly nervous.

"What's wrong honey?"

"Katy.. I'm from New York City. I have my license but I really have no idea about this."

"It's okay, I'll guide you, if you want to live here you'll need a car, that's for sure."

As if I can just magically get my own car, Willa thought in her mind.

They switched in the car without getting out of it. Katy purposely shut the car off so she could teach Willa how to turn on such an expensive car.

"Okay. See this slot? That's where you put the key in."

Willa pushed the key in the dark slot on the side of the steering wheel and pressed the "ON" button, and the SUV roared to life. Willa and Katy smiled at each other like two people who had just come to terms that they had crushes on each other, but of course they were beyond that stage. It just felt like the first time for them though, for some reason.