Blur

Willa hopped out of what had to be the fastest shower she'd ever taken. It was around 3 in the morning and she had stumbled in, dragged herself up the stairs, practically panting by the time she reached the top but still quiet enough to not disturb Katy, and slithered into the shower before even thinking about facing Katy. She had to be fresh, clean, pure. She had to wash all of the newness off of her— the new drinks, new first hugs, new way of going about a party— every "new" except her new car, of course. She swore she'll never get sick of how it roared and zoomed down the highway, and its' new car smell was simply amazing. Speaking of that....

~~~~~

"Dude, sick fucking car," Alex grinned, closing up her window as they veered into the fast lane.

"Thanks! Exit 28, right?" Willa glanced at her GPS on her phone, still wanting to double-check with her new friend that she had the right directions to drop her off.

"For sure. I keep forgetting you're new, your whole vibe, I don't know—I'd think you're from here!" The two laughed. "How the fuck did you get this, anyway?! The bill must be crazy."

"What bill?" Willa smirked, innocently smiling at Alex.

"What?! You live in, like, the richest part of the county, and someone else is paying for this car? You've got to tell me who you're servicing," she laughed.

"I mean..it was kind of a birthday gift! I was completely surprised. And what do you mean by that, servicing?"

"Dude, seriously. Who are you fucking that's handing you a six figure car like this? You're kidding, right?"

"Ohhh is that what you meant by servicing? Like..tricking or whatever?"

Alex burst out laughing. "Yes! Who?!"

"I'm not an escort or any of those things, I swe—"

"I mean, if not, then it all sounds too good to be true. You...and this...never-ending source of money of yours....you only just moved here...something's up. You better be some mans' fucking wife."

Willa gasped, blushing and laughing. I mean, yeah, I pretty much am her wife, figuratively speaking...

"I mean, to be fair, I've been working for so long. I just happened to run into a...high-paying job, I guess."

"You guess? A high-paying job? How about, say, a blowjob to like, Hugh Hefner? Daily?"

"Shut up!" Willa playfully shoved her shoulder. "And rest in peace, Hugh!" she dramatically yelled.

"This roll's for you!" Alex chimed in, finishing rolling the blunt between her legs. She had honey brown hair hair with streaks of warm pink, shorter than Willas' dramatically long hair, and overall she was slightly shorter than Willa. She was careful while Willa drove to not make a mess of rolling up. She dug for her playboy lighter in her bag and out came a small baby ziploc. "Oops!" she quickly shoved it back in, and out came her metallic lighter.

Willa swerved into the fast lane. "It's ready?" She turned to Alex and smiled.

"It's ready." Alex smiled back, sparking her lighter.

Willa sucked in a deep calm breath, her right hand easing up off the wheel to take the blunt that was passed to her after Alex took a puff.

I've never driven this thing without Katy before. Maybe only a couple drags.

Steadily, she eyed the smoke emitting from the thick blunt and took a drag, then another, before handing it back.

"Now."