Jealous

Willa immediately jerked up and pulled the sheets off of her, her spine as stiff as native rock. She tried to steadily breathe and hoped Leah was talking about her and Katy's laughs and not their..well, their moans.

"Um, wha– what do you mean?"

Leah giggled and cocked her head to the side. "I think you know what I mean, girl."

The girl avoided her stare and swallowed hard. Her nerves went haywire. "Uh– I, we really–"

"It's okay, Willa. You guys hooked up. It happens," Leah shrugged as if it was no big deal that Katy was hooking up with someone dramatically younger than her, nevermind the fact that she wasn't even single. A pause was held until she started back up again. "I mean you are eighteen right?"

"Yeah," the seventeen year old replied instantly. Leah's nonchalant relaxed demeanor made her wonder if she's had any hookups with Katy herself.

"I take it that you and Katy uh..knew eachother beforehand?"

Willa sat frozen and could feel her brain turning to mush as the conversation went on. She was hungover, and had never ever talked to anyone else about her and Katy's affair until now. She didn't know where to start, or, if she should even start. Leah pressed on.

"I mean, come on. The way you guys got along so naturally, like you've known eachother for a while. I mean she wouldn't hook up with someone she completely didn't know. And I don't know if anyone else notices, but I do– the way she looks at you and all."

The way she looks at me and all? When does she do that? Who else sees her do that? A thousand and one questions zoomed through Willa's frame of perception. She took a deep breath and figured she can say a little, but of course not everything. "We met a little over a year ago. She was doing some promotion in New York– I don't even remember what it was for. I finally got to meet her, and we– we talked and stuff. Things went really fast."

"Clearly," Leah prodded, smiling.

Willa could feel her cheeks burn. She sighed, "Look, Leah, you're awesome, but I really don't want to stir up any trouble here. This can ruin so many things for Katy, and I really care about her."

"I can tell you do. Your secret's safe with me, girl. I'm pretty sure I was the only one that heard, the rest of them were passed out." Leah gave a smile. She held out her pinky.

Willa sighed in a huge relief and accepted Leah's pinky with her own.

The camping trip was over and the crew headed back down the beautiful woods of Tennessee. Katy and Willa were on opposite sides of the line the group formed and hadn't said a thing to each other since the morning started. Willa traveled in between Tamra and Erika, while Katy was towards the back, her arms linked with Cleowade's. The brisk morning wind whipped them from the right so it seemed like they weren't just moving south, but subconsciously drifting east as well. Willa wasn't entirely focused ever since her talk with Leah. She was anxious and uncomfortable, and Leah was the complete opposite. 

She wondered if everyone was aware that Katy was dating John. Of course they were– they had to be, right? Their relationship isn't exactly brand new. So why didn't Leah bring that up to try and scare her? Maybe she didn't like John and didn't care who the hell Katy had relations with. This was the last conclusion the teen could come to, with not-so-high hopes of it actually being true.

Soon the forest and lumps of heaping bushes and trees turned into a reclining grassy hill. The day was still young but the sky suggested beautiful weather coming. From there, everyone could spot in the distance a narrow gravel road and two Escalades. Johnny and his boyfriend skipped down the hill, earning a laugh from everyone else. It wasn't long until one by one everyone cheered down the green hill, skipping like they were in a corporate commercial. Everyone except Tamra, who laughed as she took a video of the crew. As the land was steep, their paces naturally became faster, and Katy spotted Willa a few short feet away from her. She stumbled down along with everyone else but purposely bumped into Willa's side, making the girl stumble to the right and almost fall.