Nights like this

Our campsite is absolutely beautiful. The fire pit is to the side and there's already a ring of logs around it from the last group that camped here. We're right near a huge lake shimmering from the last doses of of sun- so we all agree to go swimming after we get settled and set up our tents. As soon as Erika finishes spraying mosquito repellent on me, I hear her. She's calling me over with that sweet high pitched tone she uses to get what she wants. "Willa, can you help me with mine?" She's on her hands and knees on the ground, pretending like she knows what she's doing.

"Why help build a tent I'm not sleeping in?" I smirk, knowing she hated when I talked back like that. But what I said was true, anyways. In the corner of my eye I could see Mia and Cleowade setting up their own tent but I know that one of them or both were going to sack with Katy.

"That's what you think," she mumbles. Did she really say that or was I just mishearing her?

"What?"

"Nothing," she says,

During the last couple moments of our hike up here I began asking myself more questions than yesterday: Am I ruining Katy's relationship for my own selfish desires? As much as I don't like John, would I feel guilty if he was faithful to her after all while she wasn't?

Because sometimes- after we fool around- all I do is lay on my back think about how she's not single. How she has a potential fiancé; husband; father of her children. I don't know how to ask her if I'm ruining things for her. I wonder if I even fucked up when I got drunk this morning and tried to do more with her. Or at least that's what she said I did- yes I remember drinking, and being on the bed with her but everything else was a blur until Leah came.

We haven't even had actual sex since we've reunited and I'm already wondering if we should stop before there's a chance for that to happen.

And of course now she's bending over to find the sheet of directions and her ass raises in the air, peeking out of those short shorts.

I'm beyond embarrassed when she lets me know: she knows I'm staring.

***

"If you spent as much time helping me set this up as you do looking at my ass, we'd be swimming by now," Katy says without turning around.

Despite Willa's blush out of embarrassment she was still able to muster up a comeback.

"Someone's a little excited to take off their clothes, but what's new!"

"You're the one to talk! If you want to see someone too excited to take off their clothes, look at yourself six hours ago!" Katy retaliates.

Willa walks closer and joins her on the ground to help her set up the navy blue tent. "This is pretty big for a tent, kate," she leans over reading a pocket sized manual.

"I know! So much room for activities." she chirps.

They finish pitching up the big blue tent and Katy finishes organizing her things in it, the Chanel blanket, baby wipes, brown teddy bear and all. By the time all this was done they were the only ones in the forest at the campsite, while everyone else stripped off their clothes and ran down to the lake while the last bit of sun still existed for the day. She stood back up to find Willa taking panoramic shots of the scenery with her phone. "Do you want me to put your bag in here?"