Always and Forever.

Katy smiled at the dainty case, then looked up to see Willas' reaction.

"Katy...even when you told me you're all mine in the hospital. I knew I wasn't going to tie you down. I knew I was gonna let you see whoever you want."

"But at the same time, you knew I was still yours. Your girlfriend."

All the nerves in Willas' stomach collapsed. She couldn't find any air to aid her chest and throat.

Katy snickered at her silent panic. She clutched the case in her right hand as Willa thrust her face into hers, kissing her delicately.

The girl pulled back, the serious look on her face still there.

Katy gripped the case between her hands, slowly opening it.

Willa remained speechless, but gasped, her brows furrowing. "Ka-ty," she smiled, still with no air to speak. She watched as the star reached around her neck to unhook her necklace.

"I thought these would go perfectly with this piece," she pointed to the two pendant pieces in the case that sparkled in 24 karat gold, thin lines of rare green gold carving into them. She pulled them both out of their concave velvet spots and threaded them on each side of the gold necklace. "Guess I was right," she smiled at the upgraded necklace, then looked at Willa, who nodded in agreement, practically drunk off love at this point.

"It's perfect. So perfect," Willa breathlessly cooed. She became teary-eyed again, and as if the pieces themselves weren't enough—Katy lifted one of them up between her fingers and tilted it, to show a heart engraved on its' inside.

Willa gasped, a tear of hers falling onto Katys' hand. "Katy.." she grinned, her eyes batting slowly. She watched a lone tear far down the stars' face.

"I haven't even gotten to the big reveal and you're already making me like this." Katy smiled graciously, a small smile, trying to hide all her prideful emotions. She sighed while she bowed her head, shutting her eyes and licking her lips.

She had a moment before opening them again, and popping the hidden square case out of the main rectangular one she had.

Willa sharply sucked in a breath out of shock. The smaller case was completely invisible, fitting right into the all-black velvet casing.

Goosebumps rose on her skin, all over. It's a ring. She has a fucking ring.

Katy slowly opened the box, and to Willas' surprise, again, there wasn't just one ring in it.

Two rings shined as Katy let the open case rest in the palm of her hand, hot, prickly tears running down her face. Willa was already breathing, almost unwillingly, because her body was in such shock. Tears escaped her eyes, feeling prickly as well.

"They're not matching, I got us different diamonds. Because they represent different things," Katy explained, her voice shaky. She pulled Willas' out of the case, rotating it in her fingers to show off the whole design.

"This one is the stone of enlightenment. You enlighten me, always. From the very beginning. You continue to open up my mind to so much. You always make me feel so free. You showed me what true unconditional love is." She smiled. She leaned in to kiss Willa sweetly, their wet cheeks meeting. She slipped her tongue in and, while frenching her, found her ring finger. Their kiss grew more passionate while she slipped the ring onto it. Willa whimpered sweetly, and they both smiled in the kiss. Katy pulled back, gazing at the ring.

"Oh, my goodness," Willa whispered, her chest fluttering. She was slowly moving her hand to watch the diamonds dance.

Katy pulled the second ring out of the case—last but not least.

"And this one is the stone of protection. I felt like I did that for you, and continue to, and always will. I think it kinda started off that way, like, I just wanted to protect you from your demons..and demons in general. Then, somewhere along the way..I wanted you around me just cause of the way you made my heart feel. But then that made my shield get bigger and bigger for you. And I knew I'd do anything to make you feel safe." She paused to lean in close, their foreheads touching.

"I wanted us to wear what we gave eachother. A reminder of our love. While I'm out working, and you're over here living life, it doesn't matter where we are, how far apart in this world we are. These stones will keep us together, always. Forever."

All they had to do was raise their heads an inch in order to kiss—so they did. Willa took Katys' ring from her, and found her ring finger with her other hand. She sighed slowly and deepened the kiss as she slipped the ring onto her finger, both of them smiling in their kiss again. They broke apart to laugh and smile more.

"You really mean always and forever?" Twinkles danced and polka-dotted in Willas' hopeful puppy eyes.

"Willa. Under any and every circumstance. Yes."

Katys' intense look in her eyes pierced her.

"You're always going to be in my life. Always involved. When I have kids, you'll still be involved. Only if you want to, of course."

"Of course I want to." Willa half-smiled, still weak from everything that just happened to her.

"Whoever I date next, they'll know my girlfriend is the reason for this ring." She smiled, sassily raising a brow.

Willa giggled at Katys' confidence. "Baby, how can you be so sure? What if you get proposed to? I'd want you to wear their ring."

Katys' face expression softened.

"Wear this. If they ask about it, come up with a lie. I don't mind being kept a secret. Why would I want them to see me coming?" She cocked her head, smiling sneakily before laughing and kissing Katy.

"I can already tell you're going to have a long career of fucking peoples' wives," Katy admitted, watching Willa crack up.

"Well you're already my girlfriend, forever, so technically I have first-dibs. Whoever you marry has second." Willa smiled ear-to-ear watching Katy crack up.