Step 10-Do something that will make you forget

The next morning, I woke up recharged and ready to start a beautiful day. Rebecca and June were lying beside me—which I completely forgot that they slept here with me. I didn't even stir when they entered my room and lied down beside me last night!

                After I brushed my teeth, I went down to prepare our breakfast. When I got to the kitchen, I saw eggs, toast, and bacon cooked for us. There was a note on the fridge.

Hey kiddos! Enjoy your breakfast. Take care.                 

-World's greatest dad

Aww, how sweet of him! I internally gushed. Even though he was a busy man, he still allotted some time for me and my friends. That was why mom loved him so much. And I too, loved him very much.

June and Becca came down minutes later and we ate our breakfast. But while we ate, my mind drifted to the events yesterday. I wasn't sure I showered right last night because there was still a hint of Logan's cologne that rubbed on me when we crashed on the side of the road. I thought of his arms, his strong arms that wrapped around me when he saved me. I wondered when he'll wrap it again around me?

What the! Joanne, what are you thinking?! I mentally scolded myself. I was supposed to get over him, not think about him wrapping his arms around me. I was starting to think that everything I did to forget him didn't help at all.

                I was so deep in thought, June had to scream near my ear to get my attention. "Earth to Joanne!" I nearly fell off my chair when I snapped out.

                "What was that for?" I yelled. June's voice hung in my ear for a few more moments.

                Becca laughed and June just rolled her eyes. "We were asking you if you want to go to the mall," she said.

"You're thinking about Logan again are you?" Becca said with a big grin on her face.

                I ignored the comment and said, "I'd love to go."

Whenever I went shopping with my crazy friends, I forget my problems. But it felt different today.  I just saw Logan and Stacey chatting at a coffee shop in the mall. My jaw dropped when I saw them but I managed not to stare. June and Becca pulled me away and brought me to my favorite boutique.

                "Hey Joanne, try this one! If it looks good on you, I'll pay for it," Becca said and handed me a pink dress. Becca might not tell me, but it was written all over her face. It was like she was saying, "Poor Joanne. I'll buy her all the clothes she wanted today so she'll feel fine again." June also looked at me that way—except that instead of buying me clothes she's said that she'll buy me all the food I wanted.

                I just nodded and smiled at everything they offered. I tried to act okay, but clearly it's not enough to convince them. After Becca bought me the two dresses that I picked, we went to my favorite ice cream parlor. June ordered three scoops of my favorite cookies and cream ice cream for me. When we finally settled down, I insisted I pay them but they refused.

                "Look guys, I'm okay. Whatever I saw earlier was nothing," I said as I put a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. But what I said still didn't convince them—and myself. I was not jealous. I just felt hollow inside

                Aw sh—Brain-freeze!

                Anyway, I didn't know why, but everything was just hollow inside of me. I expected myself to be jealous too.  Maybe the thought of me getting jealous was a pointless act, so my brain avoided that.

                "We know, but..." Becca started.

                "I am okay," I insisted. They both sighed in exasperation then focused on their ice creams instead.

                A moment later Becca's phone rang, the same time my phone and June's rang. June and I ignored it but Becca didn't. She opened the message then her face crumpled in to a frown, then into a poker face. Then she spoke, "Have you made progress?" I tilted my head, not grasping the meaning of her question. "Of forgetting Logan," she continued.

                Have I? If there was, maybe just little progress. "Why do you ask?" I said, although I knew why.

                "Because you really, really need to make drastic progress right now," she said with a very serious tone, the tone she uses when she delivers a death blow.

                My eyebrows knit and worry painted my face. "W-why?" I stammered. Instead of answering, she handed me her phone. June leaned to see what the message is.

A/N

Bwahahaha! Guess what the message contains XDDD But no, that's not the main Q of the Chapter xD

Q: What do you do that makes you forget about the world?

I have a personal answer to this question, and that is...listening to music and reading xD