Chapter 17

Smita POV

THE NEXT MORNING

Dhruv cried a little to bed last night, and we slept.

Today, at morning, I woke up to see Dhruv gazing at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I've been stuck and I can't get out of bed - I'm stuck with you." He laughed.

"I don't understand - " I started.

There was a knock on our door.

"Smita beta?" It was Mom's voice.

"She's coming, Ma." Dhruv replied.

"Okay." Mom said, and left.

I tried to get out of bed but I was urged back.

"Ow!" I said, and looked back.

"Dhruv, tum kya kar rahe ho?" I asked. (What're you doing?)

"Main nahi. Tumhara mangalsutra." He laughed. (Not me. Your mangalsutra.)

I glanced down to see my mangalsutra was stuck with Dhruv's shirt's button.

I glanced at Dhruv, and we burst into laughter.

He freed me and I took a bath, and rushed downstairs.

I'd served breakfast, and once it was over, I went to my room.

There was a note?

The note read :-

'Smita Madhu Singhania,

Come up to the terrace of the bungalow right away.

With Love,

XOXOXOXO'

"Yeh note itna ajeeb kyu lag raha hai? Aur is naam se to mujhe sirf Dhruv bulata hai. Woh mujhe terrace par kyu bula raha hai?" I mumbled to myself. (Why does this note seem so strange? And only Dhruv calls me by this name. Why is he calling me to the terrace?)

Still I kept the note on the bed, and went up.

I saw who it was, and I got shocked, looking at the man widely smirking at me.

"Shyam ji? Kya aapne - " I started, trembling with rage. (Shyam? Did you - )

"Ha, Khushi Ji. Maine." He said. (Yes, Khushi. I did.)

"Don't you dare call me that - " I snarled.

A/N - Secret revealed! Other than Smi, Dhruv also loves to call me Khushi. 'Because you always know how to look on the bright side', he says.

"Kyu nahi? Akhir saale saab ko unki dadi ke pas pahunchane ka plan hai hi mere pas, to main tumse shaadi karlunga." He said, forcibly hugging me. (Why not? After all, I have a plan to send brother in - law to his paternal grandmother. Then, I'll marry you.)

I got out of his grasp.

"Aap Di ke sath aisa kaise kar sakte hai?" I asked, with disgust. (How can you do this to Di?)

"Anjali aur main. Huh. Hume to chod hi do aap." He said. (Anjali and me. Huh. Leave our matter.)

"Toh fayda kya hai unke saath rehne ka? Ek aise rishte main rehne ka jisme na pyaar na bharosa ho sakta hai? Chod dijiye Anjali Di ko!" I shouted. (Then what's the benefit of living with her? In a relationship which has no love or trust? Leave Anjali Di!)

I walked out in a trembling rage.

I went into my room, and buried my face in a pillow, not knowing what to do.

"Mujhe Dhruv ko batana chahiye." I said. (I should tell Dhruv.)

I started to walk out, when Dhruv came in, and locking the door.

"Dhruv - mujhe tumse hi baat karni thi." I said. (I needed to talk to you only.)

He grasped my arm tight, and it hurt.

"Dhruv - "

"Kis baare main? Tumhare aur us Shyam ke affair ke bare main?" He asked. (About what? About Your and Shyam's affair?)

I could see the anger in his eyes.

"Kya?" I asked in disbelief. (What?)

"Chod dijiye Anjali Di ko? That's what I heard. And I got to know what kind of a woman you are too. I can't live with you now." He said, turning away. (Leave Anjali Di?)

I'd started crying.

"Agar tumhe mujh par bharosa nahi hai, give me just two weeks. If till then I can't prove that I'm innocent, divorce me." I said. (If you don't trust me - )

"That's what I had in mind for just tomorrow, but you have the time." Dhruv said, and walked out.

"Why is this happening to me?" I mumbled, sitting on the couch.

I went down soon, and started doing some work, for today was Chhoti Holi.

"Bhabhi. Sab thikh hai na?" Di came to me. (Is everything okay, Bhabhi?)

"Ha, Di. Sab thikh hai." I said, forcing a smile. (Yes, Di. Everything's okay.)

"Okay." She said, walking away.

The rest of the day passed away uneventful.

A/N - I know you'd might be saying that I was in this condition, and writing happy notes to you all, but I'm engulfing in a lot of pain. But, you'll get to know, I found proof to prove myself on the good side.

When it was night, I went to the room.

Dhruv had taken out a blanket and pillow.

"What's this?" I asked.

"You're sleeping on the couch. I won't sleep with a woman who is a cheat." Dhruv said.

His words broke me down.

I opened the sliding door gateway to the poolside of our room.

"If you think I'm a cheat, tumhare meherbani ki mujhe zaroorat nahi hai. I'll sleep outside." I said. (I don't need any of your obligations.)

I closed the door, and sat down beside the plants in our indoor poolside, crying.

Soon, I got tired, and fell asleep.

But some things always haunted while sleeping alone :- Darkness, and being without a blanket.

When I used to sleep alone before I was married, I used to keep all the lights on of my room, and, also, even if it's 50 degrees or something, I always need a blanket because I get cold at about midnight.

I couldn't sleep because I was cold. Probably it was midnight.

I heard someone open the door, and I looked up.

He pushed a blanket towards me.

"Mujhe yeh sab nahi chahiye. Maine bol diya tumse." I said, getting up, and throwing the blanket on the couch. (I don't need all this. I told you.)

Only my husband knew the things I needed during the night.

"Your wish." Dhruv said, closing the door right on -