Chapter 28

Khushi POV

"Main kuch samjhi nahi, Ma." I said. (I don't get it, Ma.)

"Aaj se, hum hi tumhare  Amma Babuji hai. Tum pancho hume yahi pukaroge. Hum nahi chahte ki jiji aur jijaji ke dukh main tum tino hamesha ke liye rah jao." Ma said. (Today onwards, we are your Amma and Babuji, and you five will call us that only. We don't want that you three always mourn for my Jiji and Jijaji.)

Samita Di, and Chhote hugged our parents, nodding in approval.

"Khushi?" Ma and Dad asked.

I smiled, and wiped away a tear that left my eye, hugging Ma and Dad, sorry, Amma and Babuji.

"Thikhe Amma, thikhe Babuji." I said. (Okay, Amma, Babuji.)

"Acha. Thikhe. Ab band karo ye sab emotional chize.  Ye specially Khushi aur Samita ke liye bilkul acha nahi hai abhi." Amma said. (Okay. Fine. Now stop all this emotional stuff. It's specially not good for Khushi and Samita right now.)

"Arey, Amma. Aap Khushi ki to chinta mat kariye. Mujhe pata hai ki isko kaise shant karna hai." Dhruv said, wrapping his hands around me. (Oh, Amma. You don't have to worry about Khushi. I know how to pacify her.)

"Same here." Kunal jiju and he fist - bumped, snaking his arm around Samita Di too.

Everyone else smirked, and Di and I rolled our eyes.

"Husbands." We said, in synchronization.

Everyone laughed. Dhruv took me to the side.

"Dhruv, thoda to ruk jao." I scolded, smiling. (Atleat wait a little.)

"Wo nahi. Abhi Shyam ko - " He started. (Not that. Right now Shyam - )

"Oh, ha abhi hi thik rahega. Sab log bhi hai yaha." I said. (Yes, now is perfect. Everyone is here too.)

We went back to everyone.

"So, what did Dhruv tell you, Khushi Bhabhi?" Anjali Di smirked at us.

"Kuch nahi, Di. Bas hume aap ko - uhm - ek kisi ex - couple ke baare main ek show dikhana hai. Lambi video hai. Ab sab dekhenge." I smiled, Dhruv squeezing my hand. (Nothing much, Di. Just that we have to show you - uhm - something about an ex - couple. It's a long video. Everyone will watch.)

We all went into the projector room, and I connected the pendrive to my laptop, and we connected the laptop to the projector, and started the video from when Shyam had come home, till today afternoon.

Everyone was furious, and Kunal Jiju, called up some of his constables.

Jiju and Dhruv caught Shyam by the collar, throwing him to the constables.

"I'll take care of him when I get to the station. File an FIR against him under Section 316 and Section 498 A I.P.C." He ordered. 

Soon, it was all done. But, Dhruv was angry at ME.

As soon as the constables left with Shyam, he turned to me.

"Khushi, why didn't you tell me all that?" He asked.

I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Tell you what?" I asked, confused.

"Khushi, how can you even think of leaving me forever? Are you crazy? You put three lives on stake, if that mangalsutra hadn't saved you! My Khushi always looked on the bright side. I never thought that you could even attempt to - " He couldn't speak anymore, almost in tears.

"Kill myself." I completed, looking down.

He cupped my cheeks, caressing my hair.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you, Khushi. I'd didn't mean to - because - it's not entirely your fault that you tried that." He said.

"What do you mean?" Anjali Di asked.

Everyone was still there, you know.

"Khushi tried to pull off that stunt - only because of me." Dhruv said.

"Dhruv - no -" I started.

"No, Khushi. I didn't trust you. I trusted that scumbag instead of you, who trusted me to lose her virginity with back in twelfth grade. I feel ashamed of myself now when I think in comparison to your trust on me and mine on you." 

I kissed him lightly, and he hugged me, crying lightly.

"Shh. It's okay. Well, the past is the past, and I don't want to recall it again." I said, "Aur waise, main tumhe mendak bulati to hoon hi, because you're scared of everything, par tum to ho sher. Sher kabse rone lag jate hai?" (And btw, I call you a frog, because you're scared of everything, but you normally are a lion. Since when lions cry?)

He chuckled lightly.

"Acha. Mendak se sidhe sher ban gaya main ab?" (Oh. I converted straight from a frog to a lion now?)

"Sher hi to ho. Mendak aur sherni ke bache kaise ho sakte hai?" I joked, and everyone laughed as we hugged again. (You're normally a lion only. How can a frog and a lioness have kids?)

We went into our room, and started reading some books on pregnancy and all that. Sometime later, I groaned.

"Kya hua?" Dhruv asked, alarmed. He looked at my pale face. (What happened?) 

"Gosh, I think your water broke. I'll call Hiral." He said.

"What the - stop it, Dhruv. Why would my water break? I'm just a month pregnant!"

"I know, i know. I was joking to make you laugh because of your pale face. But, what's the matter?" He asked, sitting on the bed again.

"Hota hain pregnancy main. Leg pain." I replied. (It happens in pregnancy.)

I whined.

"Why do us women only have to take all the pain?" I said.

"What do you mean?" Dhruv asked.

"See, first, periods. Period cramps and back aches. Then, the pain we have when we make love. Then, the pain we have when we're pregnant. And, do you even know how much pain is there when you give birth?" I asked.

Dhruv looked away, trying to suppress his laughter at my craziness, but I noticed him anyway.

"It's not funny." I said.

"Okay, i'm sorry." He said.

The rest of the day passed off smoothly, without any tensions at all.

THE NEXT DAY!!

"Morning, Khushi. Wake up!" I heard a voi ce.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Acha, listen, I'm off to office to sign an important deal after breakfast. Well, they requested for the co - CEO to come too, but I denied it. So, I'll be back by 2 in the afternoon, okay?" Dhruv said, grabbing his coat.

"Okay." I smiled.

I went to take a bath, and I went downstairs.

Dhruv left soon, and he came back at 9:30 in the night.

I opened the door to him.

"Hi, Khu - " I stormed off before he could talk anymore.

"What the." He said.

"Come and have your food. Narrowing your eyes, raising your eyebrows, and showering me with your 'What the' catchphrase won't make the food fly into your mouth." I said.