Chapter 31

Dhruv POV

Flashback continued

Khushi also got up and started searching for the matchbox.

Well, it was not easy finding it in the pitch black darkness of the room.

At last, I found it on the floor.

"Mil gaya." I said. (Got it.)

"Okay. Main ek candle lekar aati hoon." She said, and I nodded. (I'll get a candle.)

But, she tripped on my leg, and we fell on the bed, half of me on top of her.

We stared at each other for a moment, and then I leaned closer to her, but as my lips were going to land on hers, she shouted.

"Dhruv, matchstick!" She said.

I glanced near her hair as I remembered I had lit a matchstick before we fell. It was almost going to touch my hand, when I tossed it away, and got up.

I helped her up, and she heaved out a sigh of relief.

"Khushi, tum thikh ho?" I asked. (Khushi, are you okay?)

"Hmm. Tum?" (Hmm. You?)

"Ha." (Yeah.)

But, we started sniffing in the air.

"Khushi, tumhe kuch jalne ki smell aa rahi hai kya?" I asked. (Khushi, do you smell something burning?)

She nodded, and turned around, only to find that the matchstick I had tossed had not extinguished yet, and over the bedsheets was a little flame.

"Aag! Aag! Bachao!" Khushi yelled out, and I was startled. (Fire! Fire! Save us!)

She was panicking like crazy, and I knew her hormones were to be blamed for this.

"Khushi, relax. Chhoti si flame hai. Abhi bujh jayegi." (Khushi, relax. It's a little flame. It can get extinguished right away.)

She was not listening, though. She rushed to the candlelight dinner table, and grabbed the jug of water and tossed it on the bed, and the flame extinguished, unnoticed by Khushi.

She brought two little buckets of water from the bathroom, and threw them on the bed too. As she brought the third bucket, I managed to hold her in bridal style.

She was struggling in my arms like anything, and I stopped her with a kiss.

When we broke apart, I chuckled at her shocked face.

"Aag kabka bujh chuki thi. Pehle hi jug se." I told her. (The fire had extinguished long ago. Just with the first jug.)

"Whatever." She sighed, and I put her down.

Again, we started hunting for the matchbox. I saw Khushi had come up to me.

"Kya hua? Mila kya?" I asked. (What happened? Did you find it?)

She opened her hand, to see the matchbox all wet.

Hence, we decided to go to sleep right away. 

We touched the bedsheets, which were fully wet.

"Yeh lo. Mere pagalpanti ki wajah se pura bed gila ho gaya." Khushi grumbled. (There.  The entire bed's wet because of my craziness.)

"It's okay, sweetheart. Tumhe zukham lag jaygi, tum pregnant ho. Main bed par so jata hoon, aur tum recliner main so jayo." I suggested. (You'll catch a cold quick because you're pregnant. I'll sleep on the bed, and you take the recliner.)