Chapter 20

Smita POV

The power of a husband. The power through which a wife is bound with her husband. The power I always had faith in. The power - which saved my life.

The power of a mangalsutra.

My mangalsutra was stuck somewhere and it urged me back, and I fell on the terrace floor, right next to the broken mangalsutra.

Once I saw it, I collapsed again, crying.

I looked up.

"Hey, Bhagvan. Thank You. Yeh main kya karne ja rahi thi?" I mumbled. (Oh, God. What was I going to do?)

Suddenly, I took notice of something rotating at the top.

A web camera?

I went up to it, cautiously looking at it. It all made sense. But, I had to rush downstairs.

I didn't notice I missed the second floor, so I went into the first floor restroom, and threw up.

Everyone came rushing after me.

"Bhabhi. Bhabhi. Kya hua?" Di asked. (What happened?)

"Kuch nahi, Di. Mujhe kuch acha nahi lag raha." I said, clasping my forehead. (Nothing, Di. But I don't feel well.)

My head was spinning lightly, and I almost crashed.

"Smita!" Dhruv yelled, and caught me in time.

My head had stopped spinning.

"Smita, kya hua tumhe? Kya ho raha hai tumhare sath? Damn it!" He said. (What happened to you? What's happening with you?)

"That's what. Kya ho raha hain mere sath?" I asked him. (What's happening with me?)

Dhruv knew exactly what I was talking about, but he ignored me and lifted me bridal style.

He went to our room, and put me on the bed.

"Tum yahi par thodi der rest karo, please." Dhruv said, turning to leave. (You rest here for a while, please.)

"Dhruv." I grabbed his hand as he turned to leave.

He looked back.

"Woh terrace par mera mangalsutra toot gaya. Wadrobe se dusra la do please. Main nahi chahti tumhe kuch ho, ya tum mujhse pehle ke tarah kahi door chale jao." I said, weakly. (My mangalsutra broke apart in the terrace. Please get me the other one from the wadrobe. I don't want any harm to come to you, neither I want you going away from me like before.)

He stared at me, and nodded.

He got up, and got it from the wadrobe, and gave it to me.

I struggled with my hair to put it on.

"Mujhe do." Dhruv said. (Give it to me.)

He clasped the mangalsutra behind my neck, and something told me our marriage was restored. He left after that.

I sat on the bed for half an hour, lost in all good moments we used to have. But, what was this energy in me?

I suddenly ran to the bathroom, as I heard the bedroom door open.

"Khushi!" A voice said, rushing after me.

I threw up for the second time, and came out.

"What's wrong?" Dhruv asked.

"Nothing." I replied.

"You're coming with me to the Doctor right now." He said.

Before I could say anything, there was a knock on the door.

"Bhabhi, Dhruv's exactly right. I won't hear any of your protests either. Come on." She said.

I started to walk away, but I was a little weak.

"Ruko." Dhruv said. (Wait.)

He lifted me again, and carried me to the car.

Soon, we reached the hospital, and went in to the Doctor.

"Hmm. So, Mr. and Mrs. Singhania, you say Mrs. Singhania is throwing up, and spinning her head?" She asked.

We nodded.

"When was the last time you were in a physical relationship?" She asked.

Dhruv and I shared a sideways glance.

"Is this necessary?" Dhruv asked.

"Yes, according to that, I will prescribe some blood tests." She said.

I cringed. Yeah, I confess. Say whatever you want, but I'm as scared of injections like a six year old kid is.

"26th March." Dhruv replied.

"That long?" Di asked from behind.

Dhruv looked at her.

"Sorry." She said, realizing what she'd said.

"Okay. I've written these tests, just do it now, and you'll get the results tomorrow morning." The Doctor said.

"Thank You, Doctor." We said, and left.

As we neared the blood testing labs, I winced already.

Dhruv grabbed my hand.

"It's gonna be okay - " He started. 

"Khushi." He ended. I smiled.

Soon, they did the blood tests, and we came back home.

Di stopped me and Dhruv as we were just about to go to our room.

"Sorry, Bhabhi, Dhruv. Woh, actually - Dhruv ke liye char din thoda se mujhe lamba laga to - "  (Uh, actually, I felt four days as a little long time for Dhruv to - )

"Okay, enough, Di." Dhruv said, proceeding upwards.

Di burst into laughter when she saw him.

"Acha, Bhabhi. Mujhe ek baat samajh nahi aayi." She said. (Btw, Bhabhi. I didn't understand one thing.)

"Kya hua, Di?" I asked. (What happened, Di?)

"Have you been denying my brother in bed lately? Hard to believe that he's waited four days now." She said.

I forced up a smile, and soaked up the tears which were trying to drop out of my eye.

"Woh - Di - " I said.

"Koi baat nahi. Lekin unhe zyada intezaar mat karvana." Di said, chuckled, and left. (No problem. But don't make him wait too long.)

I proceeded up to our room, and we slept, so close, but so far.

THE NEXT MORNING

As breakfast ended, Prakash came in with a letter.

"Smita Bhabhi. Aapke liye kuch aaya hai, hospital se." He said. (Smita Bhabhi. Something is here for you, from the hospital)

Me and Dhruv shared a look, and I took the letter from Prakash and thanked him.

Everyone sat in the living room, as I opened the letter up.

"Kya?" I said, as I read the reports. (What?)

"Kya hua?" Dhruv stood up, looking at the report. (What happened?)

"But, how can - " He mumbled.

I looked at him. What we didn't notice was that Di had peered over and stole a glance at the report.

"We're going to have a mini Khushi!" She cried.

We both looked up in shock.