Chapter 27

Khushi POV

As we walked to the dining room, we saw my relatives sitting there too, a sad look on Chhote and Samita Di's faces.

I knew what they were sad about, I was too. But it was hard for me to express it.

They saw me, and came and hugged me. Dhruv rubbed my shoulders, consoling me. Looks like he remembers.

"Kal Amma aur Babuji ka death anniversary - " Chhote started, sobbing lightly. (Tomorrow is the death anniversary of Amma and Babuji - )

"Shh. Chhote. It's okay." I said, patting his head.

That's right. Me, Samita Di, and Chhote are orphans. Kavitha Madhu is our Mother's younger sister, and Srinivas Madhu is our Mother's Brother in - law.

I was 14, Samita Di was 15, and Arnav was 13.

Our parents had went out to get groceries, but they never returned after that car crash on April 14, 2010.

We got to know of it when the Police arrived on our doorstep, and coincidentally, our Kavitha Maasi and Srinivas Mama were there.

They immediately calmed us down, and adopted us.

They had no children as Kavitha Ma was infertile.

So, they became our Ma and Dad. I was Dhruv's best friend since 8th standard, and this incident happened when we were both in 9th. We, as you know, only started dating when we were in 11th.

I'd told him everything that day.

Dhruv slowly kissed my forehead when me and my siblings dislocated.

I looked up to our parents, Kavitha Ma and Dad.

They were really sad too.

Ma came up to me with a little bag.

"Ma, isme kya hai?" Samita Di asked, still consoling Chhote. (Ma, what's that?)

"Main tum dono ko kuch dena chahti thi, jo main tumhe tumhare shaadi main de nahi payi." Ma replied, softly smiling. (I wanted to give both of you something, something which I couldn't give you on your weddings.)

She pulled out a pair of gold earrings, and a gold necklace from the bag.

"Jab hum dono chhote the, tab tumhare Nana yeh lekar aaye the. Yeh earrings mere liye, aur yeh patli necklace tumhari Amma ke liye." Ma showed them to us. (When we were little girls, your Nana had bought these for us. These earrings for me, and this thin necklace for your Amma.)

"Samita, Khushi, ab mujhe aur tumhare Dad ko lagta hai ki ab yeh tum dono ke hone chahiye." She said. (Samita, Khushi, now me and your father think that these should belong to you now.)

She gave the earrings to me, and the chain to Samita Di.

This was the time when some tears escaped my eyes.

Ma and Dad came forward and hugged all three of us.

"Aur tum tino kabhi mat kehna ki tumhare Amma, Babuji nahi hai. Hum hi tumhare Amma Babuji hai." They said. (And, you three, never saw that you don't have parents. We're your parents.)

We dislocated and nodded.

Suddenly, my head felt like spinning, and I clasped Dhruv's hand, who noticed me.

And then we cut to black.

Dhruv POV

A/N - Hey everyone! Just coming in to remind that whoever's POV it is, that person of our family is writing our story. So, since my wife talks to y'll all the time, I thought the same could be for me when I write. How's everyone? Well, on with the writing!

We were all consoling the siblings, when I saw Khushi had grasped my arm tight.

I looked up to her, and I instantly knew her head was spinning.

Before I could react further, she fell into my arms, unconscious. 

Everyone was really worried for her, and I carried her to our room, and called up Doctor Hiral.

She was here in about 15 minutes, checking her up.

"Hmmm. Kya chinta Smita ko pareshan kar rahi hai ab?" She turned to me. (What is worrying Smita now?)

"Wo, actually, Khushi aur uske bhai aur Di orphans hai. Kal unke Amma Babuji ki death anniversary hai, toh thoda sa problem ho gaya tha." I explained. (Actually, Khushi and her siblings are orphans. Tomorrow is their Amma and Babuji's death anniversary, so there was a little problem.)

"That's the reason, then. Smita ka BP drop ho gaya hai. Aap thoda sa dhyan rakhna, maine aapko kaha tha na she's carrying twins." Hiral continued. (Smita's BP has dropped. Please take care of her, I told you she's carrying twins.)

"Okay, Doctor. Wait, what?" I asked.

"What's the matter?" Hiral asked, alarmed.

"Twins." I raised my eyebrow.

"Ha - acha, I forgot to tell you that day. You're having twins." Hiral smiled. (Oh - right -)

"Okay. Thank you." I said.

I glanced up to everyone, who were all looking happy.

The doctor had left, and a little while later, Khushi woke up.

I hugged her.

"Yeh kya hai?" She chuckled. (What's this for?)

"Before everything else, we're having twins." I told her, kissing her lightly.

"TWINS?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?" 

"Kuch nahi. I got alarmed." She laughed. (Nothing.)

"Aur Ma ko tumse kuch kehna hai." I told her. (And Ma wants to say something to you.)

She turned to look at her mother.

"Khushi beta, agar tum tino mano, hum chahte hai ki tum Jiji aur Jijaji ka shradh ab se nahi manao." Ma and Dad said. (Khushi, if you three siblings agree, we want that you don't perform the death anniversary rights of my sister and brother in law.)

We three looked at them in confusion.