-3-

"Scar! Open up!" Doc called, his voice gravely and tired. He had just woken up, the creeper hybrid came straight to the mayor's house to get rid of his vex magic as fast as he could. It was only eight in the morning, but the scientist thought that it was much too late in the day.

Scar's magic had been growing for a month, they couldn't wait or waste any time to extract it. Vex magic was stronger than almost realized, and it could take hold of its host with ease.

The door creaked open, the room was dark and empty, almost cold. He stepped into the room, grumbling a few curse words in German. He climbed down the ladder to the bedroom in search of Scar, but there was no one in the house, it felt abandoned.

"Ugh, Scar! You little- ugh!" Doc couldn't find the right words to describe is annoyance, the creeper stomping his foot on the ground in rage. He equipped his elytra, storming out of Larry before launching himself in the air, his blood bubbling. Doc had a bad feeling that something like this would happen, and yet he still let Scar get away!

The cyborg flew from the jungle towards the shopping district, he blamed himself for letting Scar get away, Doc felt moronic. The vexes probably got Scar long before they got to Cub!

Doc landed on the HEP HQ landing bay, which led right into their meeting room. Scar and the rest of HEP (excluding Bdubs) were in the middle of having a meeting when the creeper stormed right towards the head of the table, pulling out his blade.

"Scar, I-" Doc started to speak with an anger-filled tone as he stormed towards the mayor, who seemed unamused. He raised up a hand, False and Xisuma stepping in front of the creeper and pulling out their weapons.

"Dirty mycelium spy, tell me, how long have you been listening in on our conversation?" Scar asked, though he knew that Doc wasn't here because of the resistance. He was simply toying with the rest of HEP, keeping the grass-loving group convinced that this was all 'for fun' or 'just a friendly competition', when clearly it was much more than that.

"You know very well that I'm not here for the resistance!" Doc snapped, Xisuma slightly lowering his blade with a perplexed look hidden behind his visor.

"Get him out of my sight." Scar's light and joking tone faded within an instant, his eyes turning cold as his voice growled the words. Doc could see his pointed fangs, the creeper assumed that he was hiding his other vex-like features, such as his wings and claws.

"Scar, you idiot-!" Doc started as he was being pulled out of HEP HQ, though the creeper stopped speaking as the vex raised a hand, signaling X and False to let him go. The German cyborg hissed a curse at the two underneath his breath as he stormed over to Scar, his blade still in hand.

"You need to get rid of your excess vex magic, it's growing beyond your control!" Doc snapped with a harsh tone, the HEP members all seeming to gasp aloud as they heard the resistance member mention that Scar hasn't removed his magic yet. The mayor's eyes morphed with hatred, turning cold and icy as he stood up from his throne.

"I think it's time you go now, Doc." Scar said with a blank voice, the creeper opening his mouth to argue. Before he could say a word, a blue aura surrounded the vex-hybrid's hand, the terraformer carelessly flicking his wrist.

The same light blue glow that was around Scar's hand began to surround Doc, the cyborg barely able to think as he was thrown backwards, out of HEP HQ, Doc landing in the lake that the barge rested atop.

He groaned, barely conscious after falling from so high up into the shallow water, his thoughts beginning to fade as his vision became blurry, but the last thing he saw was Scar, the mayor's hands behind his back, with his icy blue eyes gleaming, a cold grin across his face as he stared down at the creeper.