Chapter 46

Father

Juan doesn't know what she's supposed to feel right at this moment. Should she feel relieved that her child doesn't consider herself worthless since knowing the day of her birth, she will never have her father beside her or feel miserable for knowing that her child is still waiting for her father.

She feels conflicted and at the same time, felt pain in her heart knowing her child can never have a complete family. Even if she tries to fill out the absence of the role of a father in her daughter's life, it still wouldn't feel the same.

She knows the feeling of being abandoned, of being forgotten and it hurts. She came up with a thousand excuses but then still feel resentment to her family for not saving her and for giving up on her.

Life is hard itself, imagine being a child who grew up in life and cares for her parents and is taken that away from her in a flash.

Mistakes were made and there's nothing left to remedy the dilemma she faced.

If she wasn't that rash and passionate in life and love and if she didn't wait for a hopeless matter knowing things wouldn't end up well on her considering their situation.

They were too young and too weak, know too little of the outside world, and no one to depend on. That could also be the reason why they did it, to prove that they have grown up and can take on the world and that they have each other to depend on.

It's been years since she's revisited her old memories and it left a bitter aftertaste in her mouth.

Her childhood was something that she never wants to remember again yet the heavens seem like they wanted her to confront it.

Fate dies have a funny way of bringing things back but she doesn't want to solve it not express any kind of emotions except confusion.

She doesn't want to face her past decisions and mistake but then if she takes the time to see it from another perspective, the hurdles she got was a mold that moded her into who she is.

Besides, if she didn't experience those things then JuJu wouldn't be born.

JuJu is the gift given to her from heaven after seeing her unfortunate life.

She didn't want her daughter to see her crying face and so tried to dry her tears before going inside. It took her some time before she feels alright and opened the door.

"Are you all finished?" She said cheerfully and took the plates from them after hearing them shout in unison.

"Auntie Ju-"

"It's Jie Jie, not Auntie Juan!" She heard JuJu say making her chuckle at her daughter's words.

"It's fine JuJu" she rubbed her daughter's head and smiled in Xiao Ruo's direction. "So, what happened at school?" The moment she asked that question Xiao Ruo hopped in and told her animatedly about their day in school.

JuJu doesn't say what happened in her day like any other kids so she can only ask Xiao Ruo about it.

Knowing that someone doesn't like her child makes her wanna question that child. It could be because, in her eyes, JuJu is a very bright and adorable child and there's no way she couldn't like everyone else.

"Oh, before Xiao Ruo goes, would you like to go and celebrate JuJu's birthday this week?"

"Yes! I want to go to JuJu's birthday!" Xiao Ruo jumped on his seat and continued. "My mommy and daddy brought me to Disneyland back then and we are so many foods! I also have a mickey mouse hairband and shirt!"

Xiao Ruo began to get out of the topic and talked about his 3rd birthday to JuJu. Juan then remembered how she also cooks longevity noodles for JuJu every time her birthday comes. How she long to buy a cake for her daughter and spend it with her friends and now, things have changed.

She can afford to bake a cake for JuJu and invite her new friends and Xiao Ruo, her new best friend.

Her child may not have a complete family nor go to the best park and spend a lavish day but she will make sure her child will sleep with a smile on her face.

Life seems to be looking fondly upon them now and she doesn't want it to change.

She doesn't want something and mostly someone to ruin their now serene life.

***
Chapter 46 is up!

I'm fine now, still a bit woozy in my head but fine.

Anyways, have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!