4: the heroine

I stayed close to daichi wherever he goes, noble kids would crowd around him in favor of maybe making a connection with the future viscount Charlotte, They would occasionally speak a few words or greet me but the majority of the crowd doesn't give a hell about me and I was fine with it, I stood their behind him perfectly still and keeping a poker face on.

"Duke amrita have arrived!" The Chamberlain announced which caused everyone in the hall to look at the double door opening, A man with brown hair and purple eyes entered the hall duke calix amrita, a women with silky blonde hair and blue eyes was walking behind him and finally the star of the night, blonde hair from her mother and purple eyes like the one madison amrita and duke amrita had.

"Daughter greets father" madison quickly rushed to her father's side and greeted him "Madison do you have some time to talk?" Duke amrita didn't even bother greeting her in return and asked her, meaning that this is an urgent matter "what is it father?" Madison asked, duke amrita looked hesitant for a moment before sighing in defeat and putting on a brave face "I was hoping to discuss this between our family members only but Now I think it's best to let everyone know about this to avoid any further wrong information and gossips" he said, the hall quieted down to hear what duke amrita's 'announcement' will be, he took a deep breath before saying "everyone I know this may not be the right time but I also want this matter to be over with as soon as possible so I could bring them home, allow me to introduce my New concubine Nora faye and our daughter Ellie faye amrita" countless people gasped in surprise as the other's were to shock to even response but my older brother and me just clapped our hands and said nothing.

As I had said, madison amrita is not you typical villainess, she knows how to scheme and plot "Well then, madison greets concubine-mother and little sister, Please enjoy the party" Madison's first scheme in the start of the novel, We as the readers called 'the filial daughter scheme' by saying those words she get two benefits from it, first is to show to her father that she's obedient and a filial daughter and second is to get the crowds sympathy..

"Concubine faye greets eldest young miss and congratulations on your coming-of-age ceremony" nora faye politely said " little sister greets older sister" the heroine said, their is lot of mistake in her manner but I didn't care however everyone else in the room did..

That is how the novel of "the palace internal affair" have started...

--

After a long night of following daichi around I finally manage to shook him off and escape to the garden where there were no light in it..

When I made sure the music was out of my hearing I stopped and sat on one of the benches but my hearing caught yet another sound---an annoying sound to listen to.

"My goodness can you believe what duke amrita just did?"

"No I cannot, Mens these days can't just help it but bring an outside mistress and an illegitimate child in the house, just like viscount Charlotte"

"viscount Charlotte?"

" Yes, He also brought home a mistress and their daughter, Now the viscountess have divorced him and left, And the worse of all is that mistress of him is a former maid in the house of Charlotte"

" What?, unbelievable! a maid dared to climb into her master's bed and even conceived a mistake!"

"No wonder that illegitimate young sister of heir Charlotte is so gloomy and arrogant"

"such a person like heir Charlotte and miss madison doesn't deserve these kind of things"

" I agree, I feel sympathetic toward miss madison, it's her coming-of-age ceremony and look what her father did"

"Such a disgust"

The irritating high pitch voices of those two rich kid jerks gradually faded away meaning that they walked away, I waited a few more minutes before standing up and continuing my little stroll.

But a light sobbing cry distrupted my thoughts, I see no one around me so I followed the source of the sobs, behind a bush to be exact, I peeked out a little to see who it was and it didn't shocked me as much when I found out who it was, hugging her legs and burying her head between her knees, pathetic..

"Are you alraight, second young miss amrita?" I asked, the heroine jumped back a little in surprise, I only stood tall and held out my hand toward her..

"I'm sorry if I have startled you, allow me to introduce myself, I am seraphina Charlotte" I said, she looked hesitant at first before taking my hand and allowing me to lead her out of the bushes and into the moonlight.

"Thank...you" she shyly said, I only nodded but my I had a poker face on the whole time and when I say the whole time I meant the whole time..

"Shall we head back to the hall, second young miss?" I asked, even before she could answer I walked ahead of her, she fastened up her pace to catch up with me.

"You don't have to call me second young miss all the time miss Charlotte, You can just call me ellie" she said and smiled, the heroine had a natural charm that attracted people to her, she's also stupid, dense, shy and naive most of the time--wait scratch that, All of the time, I don't even know why the capture targets are chasing her when truth be told the villainess is way more intelligent and lovelier than her, no offense though.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that, You are a daughter of a duke while I am a concubine-born illegitimate daughter of a viscount, no matter where you look at it, second young miss is still higher than me" I explained