7: the house of Charlotte is no more

It's been three years since the Villainess coming-of-age ceremony, and until now The matter about Ellie Amrita still haven't died down, the whole empire have their eye's on her and ready to criticize her every little mistakes, the prince had their little encounters with the heroine in some way as the plot expected,

Since that 'incident' with the heroine that until now my mother still couldn't let go she became more crueler and stricter with me, She supervise my every education from history lesson to mannerisms, she wouldn't let me out of her sight in fear that I might again cause 'trouble' to her, but the only lesson I have that she couldn't get her hand into is my sword skill practice.

My body started to grow just like how my hair is growing longer and now reaching my hips, my body became more mature since the day I had my first period and it's very hard during your period days here in this era cause napkins doesn't exist instead their are men.'s pad that they use which is very uncomfortable to wear all day, I grew taller but the major news is how my older brother daichi grew, his now 14 years old and his looks are catastrophic I mean I'm sure one or two ladies fainted when they saw him, his divine looking! But his attitude still haven't changed.

The house of Charlotte is a knight family, each memeber regardless of their gender have been knights and served under the imperial family, both daichi and I were taught and trained by the viscount himself, but other than the greeting and farewell we must say to each other from me to daichi we didn't communicate at all, The viscount was cruel but also merciful in his training.

"Seraphina, Focus"

"Daichi, Aim carefully"

"Gather all your strength to the tip of your sword"

" A warrior must have patience"

Despite his cold and nonchalant voice his training and advice are right to the point..

The heroine, villainess and me--being seraphina are at the age of 13 by now, Ellie and I being a concubine-born illegitimate daughters doesn't need a coming-of-age ceremony, only child of the official wife can celebrate their ceremony..

All the capture targets are older than us by a year, the plot have already began and now I'm thinking on what am I going to do with my life when the assassination of my mother and the viscount happen, live as a commoner? Maybe, work as an assassin? In the original plot seraphina is the empire's most notorious and most skilled assassin but she is also the villainess shadow guard or her secret weapon to be exact..

--

"Little sister bid farewell and a good night to older brother" I said to daichi who only hummed and bowed back to me before walking away, my body is covered in sweat from training all day, I went straight to the bathroom to cleanse myself before sleeping in my thin satin fabric night gown and slipping in my bed sheet to sleep.

--

My sleep was cut short not long after that when a red light entering from the window curtain hit my eye, I sat up slowly and walked toward the window moving the curtain back alittle allowing me to see what it was....

A fire....

There was a fire in the mansion storage room, not minding that I'm still in my night gown and running to the door while grabbing my sword from under my bed then rushing downstairs, multiple sounds of swords clashing into each other caught my hearing as I ran even faster, there I see men in black ninja cloth attacking and killing everyone they see, Dead maids, servants and knights laid on the floor, the white tiled floor is now covered in blood, my attention snapped to another person--my mother, in her night gown laying on the floor facing up, blood gushing out of her mouth and her gown covered in blood stain, I stared down at her with empty eyes, Emotionless empty eyes, I felt nothing and pretended to see nothing as I walked pass her body and into the body of the viscount---my father...

Outside in the garden I also spotted my older brother fighting with the shadow guards, one was about to stab him in the back while the other was keeping him busy for distraction, I rushed there with my sword in hand, Our back facing each other as I blocked the shadow guards attempted murder to my older brother, Funny that I'm now calling him 'my older brother' in a rather fond way and not just a mere tittle but as Family in this kind of situation.

"Seraphina?" He asked in surprise when he saw me kill the man who was about to stab him--in short I just saved him, And that's also another funny thing calling me by my name for the first time when we're about to die "Older brother daichi is the only family seraphina got now that both mother and father is gone, therefore I must protect you" I said, there was a trace of emotion in my voice, It was a foreign feeling to me but I don't regret it.

The two of us fought with them while protecting each other, our clothes are now covered in blood stain my blue loose hair also have some little blood in them, we didn't admit it but we can see from looking at one another that we're exhausted to the point of passing out, but thankfully by the time we did pass out beside each other the royal knight have arrived and finished the remaining shadow guards off..

I felt daichi gripping my hand with his tightly, refusing to let me go, But I fainted after that and couldn't remember anything more than that..

The house of Charlotte have come to an end....