16: the fifth prince

"go away, I don't need a useless escort knight, I can protect my own" the arrogant, egoistic and apparently a tsundere fifth prince said, standing tall infront of me, why are all princes so persistent?!

It's not like I'm the first women escort knight! For godsake! My father's mother and aunt was also an escort knight before they got married! I don't even want to be here!

"Of course you can your highness but his majesty--the emperor tasked me to you and to your brothers so I must follow orders" I politely said, more like 'tried' to politely say it without anything rude coming out from my mouth.

"Tsk, then just stay out of my way" and my patience is running out.

I followed this walking wall out the training area, He didn't even bother slowing down to my pace but then again he did tell me that he didn't care about me at all.

"Ah your here" master haruto spotted us not so far from where he is, As the king's escort knight his skill surpass the skill of the generals and any sword wielder in the kingdom--it's expected of him--being the kings personal knight.

"Good morning, master haruto" I greeted him with bowing my head and my fisted hand above my right chest, it's a formal greetings between knights.

"Good morning to you too, Miss seraphina" he returned the gesture to me.

Being a prince, Alistair Lucille his name literally means 'defending mankind'  and he proudly claim himself on being the kingdoms best swordsman.

Mentally rolling my eyes, I can already feel the pain of taking care of this soon-to-be arrogant, egoistic and muscle-head--idiot prince prince.

"Why don't we start with a friendly match between his highness and the trainees" I just stood still in the corner as I saw the prince and the knight trainees fight each other.

I have to say for an idiot his swordsmanship is highly....strong.
All the knight trainees are charging at him but he just dodge and return an attack at them.

"That was perfect your highness" master haruto praised him, he remained stoic and indifferent though, hard shell to crack, but by the time he meet the heroine, he won't be so stoic anymore.

"These knight are no longer a match for you, that's why I think you should have a new sparring partner--one that can keep up with you" I agree, Suddenly master haruto looked at my direction with a certain look in his eyes, Oh no.

"Miss seraphina maybe you should be the prince's new sparring partner" he said, I didn't even get to answer when this rude and indifferent fifth prince scoffed right at my face while glaring at me! My patience is really running.... Out.

"What good of a partner she can be, She's just a weak knight that won father emperor's favor" this bastard....

" I'm afraid you underestimated her your highness, she's a Charlotte knight after all and they(Charlotte family) are the one that uphold the title of the kingdom's best swordsmen/swordswomen" master explained, To my surprise Alistair reacted to it in a quite.... unexpected way.

"Ha!! Your from the Charlotte family?!" He asked--yelled actually, oh god I forgot that Alistair have an unusual obsession with Charlotte knights! He admired them and respected them from the core! In the game he respected daichi's swords skill and even asked him to help him with his sword skills sometimes, and he greatly admire my father!.

I can see that he actually never really cared about his new escort knight since he didn't even bother to learn my name! Seeing that someone who he called to be useless and unworthy is actually from a highly know family and someone who should not be underestimated, it really hurt his pride.

"Yes.." I kept the cold and stoic face on me, seemingly unfazed by his sudden outburst even though I am.

He clenched his fist and teeth in anger, I can already see where this is heading.

"Spar with me, now!!" He can't accept that a small girl(or it's because his too tall) like me is from his mostly admired Charlotte knight family, he did insult and mocked me when we first met.

Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for me to beat him in his own game to hopefully respect me in the future.

"As you wish your highness" I said, bowing my head before taking my sword from it's sheath.

Little advice about me, Don't cross me when your not ready to dance.

Good form...

I can tell by his stand(form) that his a good swordsmen.

However...

The Charlotte family members connected through blood have something we call the eagle eyes..

During a battle, when we sensed that our opponent is someone whom we must not underestimate, we dodge and defend against their attack at first, it may seem weak and cowardly but it truth we use this eagle eye to observe our opponent's movement.

We predict their next move, use the suitable method to defeat them, and Make them think twice before crossing us again.

A smirk appeared on my face as My eyes glared sharp and intense..

I dodge 5 of his attack but it was already enough for me to learn his style and... predict his next move.

*Clash

"This is.... impossible" alistair dropped to the ground with his sword laying on the ground far behind me, the tip of my sword pointing at his neck, I win..

"It was a good fight your highness" I said, drawing my sword back to it's sheath.

"Don't go all mighty and arrogant on me just because you won one battle!" He yelled at me, slapping my hand away as he stood up from the ground with a frown on his face, an Expression of a sore loser.

"Of course not, I, myself know what defeat is, although I may have defeated you, My father is someone Who I cannot defeat, Winning one battle doesn't mean anything, there is always someone better than you, just like how there is always someone better than them" I said, He didn't said anything at first before he walked away with heavy footsteps.