14: the third prince

"ne, ne, sera!" A voice continued to annoy me while tapping my shoulder, thankfully my patience is still long so I didn't instantly killed the annoying third prince.

"Yes? What can I do for you, your highness?" His a royal pain in the ass compare with the two faced first prince who I rather be with then this little brother of his.

Compared to the fourth and fifth prince that need to be respectful to uphold their titles as the empress sons, the first and second prince that always need to be careful when they act and of course my ex-half-older-brother who is the sixth prince have to uphold his morals however this third prince doesn't have any much morale in himself because number one. His the emperor's son with his most favored consort and
number two. His a notorious playboy in the kingdom and finally number three. His useless, but of course he's not that much of a 'playboy' right now since his just a kid but in the future he will certainly will.

"Play with me" he bashfully grinned at me like a child, his fourteen years old but he acts so much younger than me, I'm not saying that in a good way.

"I'm here to protect you your highness, not to play with you" pushing his face away from me, But I doubt it if he will stop that easily.

"Come on!! Play with me, play with me, play with me, play with me!!" He whined, Rolling my eyes and slowly massaging my temple to ease my annoyance.

"Fine then, your highness, What do you want to play?" I gave up, he stopped whining and grabbed my right hand then dragged me off outside the courtyard.

"Let's go see the lake in the forest" he said, the maids and butlers moved out of the way as the cheeky, smiling and bright
Prince ran pass with the stoic, emotionless and probably annoyed knight- A.K.A me!

He led(dragged me by the arm) into the forest behind his courtyard, we ran to the heart of the forest where a beautiful, enchanting and peaceful small lake flows.

With water lilies on the water, Trees and flower bloomed just about everywhere, everything about is was breathtakingly beautiful.

My eyes sparkled in surprise, while the third prince just laughed smugly with both his hands on his hips taking pleasure of my state of shock and began bragging.

Brat.

But I'll let this one slip, just this once.

"Come on, amaryllis, let's play" he said, jumping into the water and playing with it.

" Amaryllis?" I asked him, wondering why he called me that, he smiled in cheekiness.

"Amaryllis means pride and strength, I think it suits you will" he said, My eyes widened in surprise, for a cheeky and stupid-looking boy like him, he got something in him, like a magnet that draws other people in him, the very same magnet that pulls innocent ladies in his honey trap.

However, for now, I'll act my age and play with him, compared to the other princes, I don't have to act strong and cold every time I'm around them, But this third prince makes me wanna be just myself.

We played in the lake like children, Disregarding our social difference and every else in the world, we just splashed water against each other while smiling and laughing, I let myself drown in his beautiful pink eyes, as his black hair got soaked in all the hair splashing we've been doing.

I didn't knew at that time that the third prince will play a huge part in my future, helping me recover from my trauma and who knows, maybe he will be the one that will cut the strings.

Until then, I'll just take my mask off and be just by myself with this childless third prince whoose name means bright --- akio Lucille.