chapter 13

We walked into Zacks house to be greeted by a big blue pit bull. "This must be dominico! " I patted the pups head. "Yeah. He hasn't stopped crying since mallory.... left." He looked at the floor. I rubbed his back. "So what do we have to go on?" I asked setting my duffle bag down. He walked over to his flat screen tv and pressed a button on the side. The tv disappears and the wall came down over it. It was covered in news articles, pictures, notes, clues. You name it it was on that wall. My jaw dropped. He was staring at me. " I want to find her. She's my one chantal. We've. Been together since my freshman year of high school." He waved me over and put a hand on my shoulder. "Were ginna break into the police station tonight." Zack looked into my eyes. "What?" I asked confused but I could tell he was being serious. "We need to copy all their evidence and notes. We need clues Chantal!" He grabbed my face. " you coming or not." He pushed the hair out of my face. " We need to do this. Do this for jacob." I pushed him away. " Fine. Ill go!" I kicked off my shoes and pulled jacobs hoodie closer to my body. " So. We have a couple of hours till it gets dark. What do you want to do till then?" I asked. He pressed the button and the tv came down into view again. He threw me an xbox controller. "You play?" He held up Left4dead. "Do I play? He'll yeah I play!" I got excited and smiled real big. He put the game in and set it up on multiplayer. I patted the spot next to me. He jumped onto the couch next to me and we propped our feet on the oak wood coffee table.

* Several hours later*

We pulled up across the street from the police station. " Are you ready?" Zack asked. " Yeah lets go." I said getting out of the car. He flicked two fingers tk the left and I silently ran across the road to the back of the police station. Zack met me there. " How many?" I mouthed. " One. Its Corbin." He mouthed back. " I got this." I said quietly. I slipped back up the the front door and knocked. Corbin got up off the desk where he sat. He walked to the door with his hand on his gun. Zack took thag tk me and slipped in through the window. Corbin opened the door. "Hey whay are you doing here?" He asked. I walked past him and sat down at his desk. " who is Lucas Reed." I asked putting my feet on his desk. His eyes went huge and he started fidgeting. I got up from his chair. " If you know anythjng about what happened. You better tell me. Just because your a cop doesn't mean I wont kill you." I said through gritted teeth. " Is that a threat?" He asked shakily. " No you pig. Its a promise." I pushed him out of my way and went to the filing cabinet. I grabbed the file stating 'Lucas Reed' and walked out the front door. I walked back to the car and got in. " what took you so long?" Zack asked. "This Lucas Reed guy isn't gettinf away. " I handed him the file. He looked at me. " Seriously your such a bad ass!" Zack chuckled. "Oh dude i know!" I laughed. He started up the car and headed back to my temporary home.