chapter 6

The nurse put something into my IV that made me drowsy. I looked up at Jacob and started tearing up. "Baby don't cry. Everything will be okay. Ill see you in a couple of hours." He smiled as tears rolled down his cheeks. He bent down beside me and kissed my lips one more time. I felt his warm tears rub against my cheek. " I love you. " I whisper. "I love you too." He half heartedly smiled. He released my hand and with that I was takin into the operating room.

*three hours later*

I wake up to the sun shining in my face. "Hmmmm." I mumbled trying to roll over,but something stopped me. A hand was around my waist. "Jacob?" I asked quietly. "Yes sweet heart, but you can't lay on your side. You will tare the stitches." He said as he got up and closed the shades. "Oh okay." I mumbled as I lifted up my shirt. Holy shit. I looked at the matching stitches on both sides of my stomach and just a little higher was another set of stitches. "Sooo I take it they got me two good lungs and a good heart?" I looked up at him. "Yes sweety. The doc said your gonna have to rest for a few days and then we can go home." He kissed my head. " Chantal. I've been thinking. I went back to the crash site and I don't think the car accident was really an accident." He put his head on top of mine. "Honestly. I didn't think it was an accident either. Lately when I walk to and from school I've been seeing a black escalade quite frequently....I'm sorry I didn't tell you." " Your not walking to and from school anymore. I'll pick you up every morning okay?" He pulled me closer. " I think I'm going to hire someone to help me figure out who hit us okay?" He turned the tv on. "Okay baby, but I really don't want to talk about this right now." I said quietly. "We can't avoid this subject forever, but for now we can leave it alone." He squeezed my hand and turned on the walking dead.

The next few days were rough. With the pain and itching of the stitches and all the medications they put me on to stop any infections from occurring. It sucked but Jacob was by my side the entire time. "C'mon babe. It's time to go home." He smiled. "It's also February 15. You know what that means! Don't you?" He cocked his head in question. "Babe do I look stupid? Of course I know what this means. We've been together 5 months today!" I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. He grabbed my hand. "C'mon. I have big plans for us tonight." He winked at me and kissed my neck. "Don't be a tease. I need a shower. I feel disgusting. I also need to ask the doctor if the itching will stop." I babbled as we grabbed my things. " babe it still itches even tho you got the stitches removed?" He looked at me confused. "Yeah. It feels like there still there." I started to scratch at my stomach again. We walked down the hall and to the counter to check me out. He filled out the rest of the paper work so he could take me home. "Hey before you two leave do you have any questions." Doc said as he walked up to us. " yeah actually I do. Is the scratching gonna stop?" I asked. "Yes all you need is a nice hot shower and some relaxation. Take it easy these next few days." Doc told me. " alright doc. Thanks for everything. " Jacob shook his hand and with that we headed home.