Chapter 8

I woke up to the aroma of what smelled like spaghetti. I uncovered myself and slipped out of bed. I went to open the door when I heard voices outside. "She's asleep can't you come back later?" He asked. " No. I need to talk to her now. We think she's in great danger." The unfamiliar voice told jake. I grabbed the 9mil out of the bed side drawer and put a full clip in it. I took the safety of and pointed the gun at the floor. I grabbed the door knob and turned it. I slightly opened it just in time to see the unfamiliar face hit jake over the head with what looked like the blunt end of a gun. I kicked the door open the rest of the way and put the gun to his throat. I knocked the gun out of his hand and pressed the 9mil deeper into his throat. I cocked it ready to blow this fucker away. "Who are you." I said sternly. "Oh like you don't know. You know exactly who I am. Just think. Think about it for a second." He joked. I thought about it an then it clicked. "Jordan?" I asked. " ohhh wow it didn't take you that long." He shoved the gun away from his throat. I put the safety back on the gun and put it in the front of my jeans. "You didn't have to knock him out. He knows I'm undercover." I lifted Jacob up and dragged him into our room and layed him in our bed. I slightly cracked the door before walking out, i see Jordan finishing up dinner. "We think that whoever hit you and jake knows your undercover." He stirred the sauce and I grabbed the garlic toast and popped it into the oven. "What am I gonna do?" I asked as I shut the stove door. " I don't know. We might have to move you." He grabbed the strainer and drained the noodles. "No. I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving this house. This is mine and jakes home. We belong here. Together. Just like we always dreamed of." I leaned against the counter and played with my hair. "Do you want to put jake in great danger by staying here? It will only be for a few months. You and him will be put in a safe house together. You will still have your oh so precious jakey." He poured the noodles into the sauce. "What's your problem? Jake means everything to me and you know it. If he gets hurt ill fuckin drop this undercover shit. I'm only 18. Jakes only 20. You act like we're fuckin grown but in reality. I'm still a kid Jordan. This undercover shits getting to deep for me." I grabbed plates out of the cup board. "You knew coming into this that it was dangerous. You chose this. No one made you do this." He put the pot of spaghetti on the table and grabbed the garlic toast out of the stove. "Why don't we sit down and eat and talk about this tomorrow?" He smiled. "Yeah sure. Let me go grab jake." I set the silverware on the table and walked to my room. I pushed the door open to see him standing In front of me with a smile on his face. "Are you alright sweetheart?" I put my hand on his face. " yeah my head just hurts a little." He rubbed the side of his head where Jordan had hit him. "C'mon dinners done." I grabbed his hand and went to walk out,but he pulled me back. "What? What's wrong?" I asked as I stared up at him. "Come here." He put his hand on my lower back. He pulled me closer and kissed my lips slowly. His hands slide to my sides and he picked me up. "I just wanted to carry you." He smiled. "Okay. Your such a goof!" I giggled. "I love you." He kissed my forehead as he opened the door. " I love you too." I kissed his jaw line. He pulled out my chair and set me in it. Then he pushed me in an took the seat next to me. We made small talk with Jordan as we ate. After dinner we all chipped in and cleaned the kitchen so we could all sit down and relax together. All three of us ended up falling asleep on the couch watching supernatural.