chapter 18

"So this is good bye." Zack said as he wrapped his arms around me. I squeezed him tight. "Yes. But only for a little while." He released me. He opened the car door for Mallory. And walked to the other side about to get in. " Zack! " I yelled. "Yeah?' He asked. "Thanks for everything." I smiled as Jacob came behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. "Your welcome chantal. Remember I'm only a phone call away." He said as he smiled back at me. "Ohh and this belongs to you." He said as he threw the dog tags to me. I rubbed the cool aluminum in my hand. "No. These belong in the trash." We both chuckled. Good bye Chantal and Jacob!" Zack and Mallory waved a final farewell. We stood their watching them disappear over the hill. "Babe?" Jake asked. "Yes? What is it sweety?" I said to him. "Is it all over? Is everything going to go back to normal?" He asked squeezing me tighter. "Yeah boo. Everything gonna be Okay again." I said as it turned around and pressed my soft lips to his. He smiled pulling away. We walked inside hand in hand. I looked at the trash can and the dog tag in my hand. I went to the big window and looked out at the beach. Tears fell down my face. I ran out the front door and down the path leading to the beach. I ran until I seen the place where Jordan had his last breath. I looked out over the ocean. 'This is the ending. This is where all is put to rest. This is where my career as and undercover dies.' I thought as I went over to the ocean and rubbed the aluminum in my hand one more time. Then I put my hand back threw as hard as I could and collapsed in the sand. "Baby?! Baby are you Okay?!" Jacob asked collapsing in the sand next to me. "Yes" I smiled as tears still fell down my face. "It's all over now boo. It's all finally over." He skooted closer to me wrapping his arms around me. " I love you chantal." He whispered in my ear. "I love you too Jacob."