Chapter 17

I pointed the gun in the direction of the sound. Ready to fire if needed. Well. What the hell. Zack knew. Zack knew I was gonna kill him. Zack shook his head and mouthed 'not now ' I followed his orders and waited. That's when Lucas came into veiw. Oh. My. God. I know him. He was the guy that sold me and Jacob the house. "You son of a bitch!" I tackled him and pinned him to the floor. I got on top of him and dug my thumbs into his neck. He was scratching and kicking trying to get out of my grip but the more he moved the tighter my grip became. "Chantal baby. Please stop. I just want to go home honey. Please stop!" Jacob yelled. I released my grip and go up. All of a sudden Lucas jumps up and jabs me with a switch blade over and over again. By the time Zack shot and killed Lucas it was already too late. I turned around blood seeping out of the were wounds I'd just received. I chuckled a bit. "Let's get the fuck out of here. " I grabbed Jacobs hand and Zack picked you Mallory. I let Zack lay in the back seat with Mallory and me and Jake sat up front. He was staring at me with this look in his eyes. "Go to the hospital chantal." He told me. "Yes Babe. That's where I'm headed." I told him turning into the emergency room entrance. I'll be back in a few minutes. I walked through the white halls and to the front desk. "Ma'am I need stitches. Don't ask how or why this happened just fix me up. " the woman took me to a room and the doc numbed my wounds and stitched me up. He prescribed me some medications and sent me on my way. I walked out the front door and got back in the car. I started the car up and looked at Jake. Tears stung at my eyes. I leaned over and grabbed his face. "I've been dying to do this." I said as I pressed my lips to his as hard as I could. We pulled apart for air. "I love you baby." He said. "I love you too boo. Let's go home." I said as I headed towards the house I left so many months ago.