Chapter 7

We walked into the house and I froze. I haven't been here in a month or so. It felt so strange to be back in our house. We've been living together since my dad kicked me out about a year ago. Now it's just me and him. He has a job and goes to work,but I'm still in high school. He graduated last year and now he's in the military. He took leave so that he could be here for me through the surgeries. "C'mon babe, lets take your bags and stuff to our room okay?" He picked up the duffle bag and I grabbed the flowers and I followed him to our room. I smelled vanilla and cookies. We walked in and on the bed was a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a vanilla candle burning. "Baby!" I yelled as I set the flowers down on the bed side table. "You did this while I was in the hospital?" I looked up at him. "Yes and I got you something else." He reached in the bed side table and pulled out a long slim box. "Here sweety. Sit down." He picked me up and set me on the bed. He handed me the box. I stared at it for the longest time. "Baby girl. Open it. It's for you." He smiled. I peeled the wrapping paper off and opened the box. I couldn't believe it. "This bracelet. Babe I showed you a picture of it when I was a sophomore. How did you remember!" I looked up at him. Tears forming in my eyes. " because. I remember how much you liked it so while you were in the hospital I went and bought one for you." He kissed my head and took the bracelet from the box. "Here. Give me your wrist." He took my wrist and fastened the bracelet on. " thank you babe. " I smiled so brightly. "Your welcome sweet heart. Are you hungry?" He questioned. " yeah I'm starving actually." I heard my stomach growl. " here why don't you take a nap and ill make some dinner." He grabbed the plate of cookies an picked up the blanket so I could slip under. " get some sleep. Just be careful with laying on your sides and stuff okay?" He kissed my forehead. " okay jake I will. I love you." I grabbed his hand. "I love you too." He bent down over me and kissed my lips. I snuggled in to warm covers and watch him shut the door. I drifted off to sleep moments later.