chapter 10

When I woke up it was 10:45. Jake was laying there wide awake staring at the ceiling. "Were you waiting for me to wake up?" I whispered into his warm skin. I realized that we were still fully undressed and smiled. "Yes I was waiting for you. I didn't want to wake you up." He grabbed a big t-shirt and some panties out of the basket next to him. "Here. I can tell by the way you look that you feel exposed." He grabbed a pair of boxers out of the basket and slipped them on. "Thanks babe." I put the clothes on and sat next to him. He grabbed my hips and picked me up. He set me down on his chest. He put his hands up my shirt so he was touching my scars. He smiled at me. " your beautiful you know that right? I love you so much chantal." He kissed my scars. " I love you too Jake" I smiled as he started tickling me. I jumped off of him and ran and he chased after me. All of a sudden I heard a noise in the kitchen. I ran back towards jake and crashed into his chest. I started pushing him back towards our bedroom. "Baby what's wrong?" He asked confused. I just pushed him into our bedroom and closed the door quietly. "Someone's in the house babe." I whispered. I grab the 9mil and made sure there was a full clip and one in the chamber. I took the safety off and told jake to go lock himself in the bathroom. He was reluctant but finally did. I put my ear to the door to listen. I slightly opened the door and slipped out. I pointed the gun at the ground. I crept towards the kitchen to find it empty and the front door wide open. "Jake!" I yelled and he came running out. He looked at the front door. "Whoever it was must've heard us coming and ran. " he kissed the top of my head. " doesn't matter I'm calling jordan." I went to our room and grabbed the burn phone I used to call jordan. I dialed the number and waited. "Hello?" Jordan questioned. "Hey! Listen. Someone was just in our house. They were looking for something, but I dont know what. Please send someone over here. " I  through the gun on the bed and walked through the house to where jake was standing. "Yes. Of course ill send someone right over" he hung up and I threw the phone on the kitchen table. "We should move." I looked up at Jake not believing what he just said.  " But. But this is our dream house. This is all we've ever wanted." I pleaded.  " I dont want to leave this house." I started to cry. "This is the first house we bought together. This house has so many memories of us and you want to leave it behind?" I whipped the tears off of my face. Jake let go of me and walked to the door. A black car was parked outside and two guys in black suits were walking up to the door. Jake opened the door to have a gun stuck in his face. "Back up." The man waved the gun around. "Where is she." The other guy asked. "Who? Where is who?" Jake looked around wondering where I went too. By the time he opened the door I had already seen the two men pull their guns. So I ran to the room and called Jordan to send back up. I cocked the 9mil and crept put the door. The mens backs were to me. " Hey fuck stick! Were you lookin for me." They both turned around and thats when Jake grabbed their guns and slammed both of their heads on the side of the dining room table. The men fell hard against the oak wood floor. I stared at him in disbelief. "How did you do that? " I asked walking up to him. " Combat training. It teaches you a lot"  He chuckled. I grabbed the front of his shirt and crashed my lips into his. He picked me up and put me on the kitchen counter. Our lips never parting as I wrapped my legs around his waist pulling him closer. He gently parted our lips in need of air. Then the door bell rang. He walked over to the door and opened it. Jordan stormed throught the door and looked at me then looked at Jake's hair. "Well looks like you two were having fun." He said as he kicked the two men lying on the floor. He told the medics to take them to the ER to make sure they were okay and to not let them out of their sight. " I'm moving you and its final!" Jordan yelled. "Seriously Jordan. Dont tlak to her that way! Or I'm use my combat training on you! She wants to stay here because this is her home! This us our home. I dont blame her for not wanting to leave." He said angrily. " I'm sorry." Jordan mumbled not expect in jake to get so mad. "Get out. Leave jordan. Come back tomorrow. Let us be alone tonight." He break out heavily. "Okay. Ill see you later then." He waved as he opened the door and  walked out. "Babe I need a nap." Jake said as he looked over. " why are you crying baby?" He came over and set his hands on my thighs. " I dont want to move. I dont want to leave this house behind because of my stupid undercover bullshit. So I think you should go stay with someone for a little while. Just long eneough to let this blow over." I said as I felt him grip my hips. "No. I'm not leaving you or this house. You obviously need more sleep." He picked me up amd cradled me in his arms. He walked us back to our bedroom and turn off the light. He set me down and crawled into bed next to me. "I'm gonna be here when you wake up. Im always gonna be here." He kissed my head and we driffted off to sleep.