chapter 5

The next morning I wake up with Jacob staring at me. "Whats wrong?" I asked concerned. "So you really gave your other lung to your friend to save his life because he saved yours?" Jacob asked. "Yes babe, and quite frankly I wouldn't have came out of that fourwheeler accident if he hadn't sheltered me with his body. So he needed a lung and I had a spare." I told him. The docter comes in. "Ohhh look who's finally awake. You scared us. We thought we'd never get that heart beat of yours back. Anyway, we think we found a donor and I think we can get you two lungs back instead of one. We also have a perfectly good heart on the way for you too! Jacob since your the only one here I'm going to need you to come with me and fill out some paper work." The doc said. "Okay doc. Baby ill be right back." He kissed me on the forehead and handed me the remote and followed the docter out of the room. I turned the news on and seen something a 16 year old girl should never have to see. "We found the body of 43 year old Carrie Bennett today down near a fishing dock. Her body was identified by her 21 year old daughter Christina Doyle." The reporter said. " I hope my baby sister chantal doesn't see this. She deserved way better than me or our mom could ever give her. Chantal if your watching this I'm so sorry paigey. I love you so much." Christina said. I turned off the tv and rolled over. I began to cry when a nurse came in. I just shooed her away so she checked my vitals and cleaned and put a new iv in my arm and left. When Jacob came back I had got in his backpack and gotten a coloring book and crayons out and started coloring. I looked at him as he came in the room. I grabbed the remote and turned the tv back on. Jacob seen the same thing I had seen about an hour earlier. He looked at me but I wasn't looking back. I was distracted by the twilight sparkel and rainbow dash picture I was coloring. "I'm sorry sweetheart." Jacob said into my hair. "Its okay. I'm okay." I smiled up at him. " Your going to be going into surgery in about two hours so make sure you don't eat anything else okay?" He smiled at me. "Okay. Just please when I get out of surgery please be here." I kissed his cheek. "Of course ill be here. I'm not going anywhere without you."he kissed my forehead.