Chapter 2 - Adrien's Deceit

Marinette didn't know what to do now that someone had seen her face and powers. She didn't feel safe anymore and even though she put on a tough face, she was tired, hungry, and alone. She removed her mask and costume and sat in a local coffee shop. Her friend Luka arrived. No one knew of her double life and powers, so she made sure not to touch anyone without gloves. 

"How's it going Marinette?" 

"I'm doing alright. It's been a long week." 

"Have you found a place to stay yet?" He asked, knowing that she didn't have a home. 

"No, I'm still in my usual spot. Hopefully I'll get a job someday." 

"You know I'm always here for you if you need something." Luka said with a smile. Marinette blushed, 

"You don't have to worry about me. I'll be just fine on my own." She smiled and Luka instinctively touched her hand in which he felt a pulse of energy. Marinette pulled away and slipped on her gloves. Luka didn't think anything of it. 

"I'm sorry did I hurt you?" he asked. "No no you're fine!" she said. 

Adrien was walking by the coffee shop when he noticed a girl who looked a lot like Ladybug. He removed his mask and jacket and entered the shop. When Luka walked out, Adrien approached the table. 

"Hi there! Mind if I sit here?" He asked pointing to the seat across from Marinette. Her face turned a shade of red for some reason and she smiled.

"Not at all! Sit down." 

"Adrien" he introduced holding out his hand to shake hers. She nervously took his hand in her gloved one and introduced herself. 

"Marinette." She smiled at him. The fact that she was wearing gloves confirmed his theory. He studied her face and recognized the same pretty blue eyes he had seen before. 

"Was that your boyfriend walking out?" He asked. "Him? Oh no, we're just good friends." She said laughing nervously. 

"Okay, can I get you something to drink?" He asked. Marinette was surprised that this handsome young man was giving her attention but then again, she was one of the prettiest girls in the town. 

"You don't have too." She said shyly. "But I want too." He said walking over to the counter. He ordered her some coffee and brought it over to the table. He handed it to her, and she took it gratefully. 

"So, Marinette, tell me why you are here all by yourself?" He asked in a serious tone. Marinette was surprised at his serious tone and swallowed. There was something about his stare that made her nervous. 

"Oh, I come here to think sometimes, and I don't really have anyone to come with." She said. 

"Besides your other friend?" 

"Yeah he shows up sometimes and he's nice." 

"Hmm well maybe I could come with you sometimes." 

"I don't know you well Adrien. I'm flattered that you would suggest that, but I prefer to be alone." 

"Very well then." he said standing up. "Don't you want to know a little more about me?" He asked. 

"Yes, I would." She said. 

"Well I am a college student at the university studying modeling and fashion." He said. Marinette had heard of that place and had a dream to one day have enough money to go there. 

"That's amazing. I love to design too." She said smiling. She pulled out a sketchbook and showed him a sketch she had just done of a new dress. 

"Wow you are really talented Marinette. Have you ever thought about going to the university?" She looked down.