Chapter 10 - Marinette's First Kiss/The Truth

When they arrived, Alya and Marinette were escorted out of the back and into the base. Marinette wasn't happy to see the familiar halls that she thought she had escaped forever. She was more focused on Alya's safety though as she looked scared. 

They entered a small room and Alya was sat down on a chair and watched as Marinette was forced onto a restraint platform. She smiled at Alya as she flinched at every rough touch. Kubdel and Gabriel walked into the room. This was the first time Alya had seen Gabriel and she frowned at them. 

"Marinette, I hope you know what consequences you put on yourself by escaping. Oh, and your friend here will be staying to keep you in line." He said. Gabriel pulled out a branding iron and pulled up Marinette's sleeve. She squeezed her eyes shut and Alya was horrified at what she was about to witness. He lifted it a few inches from her skin and waited. Marinette didn't breathe and her whole body was stiff. The suspense was killing her and Alya could see how much Gabriel was enjoying her fear. 

"Marinette." Gabriel said and she slowly opened her eyes. "You will never leave this base again." He said. Marinette looked him in the eye and said, 

"Only I have the power to make that decision." She said. In response, Gabriel pushed down the iron and Marinette screamed in pain. It left a mark on her arm with the symbol of the base. He removed the iron and placed it down. Marinette took in big breathes of air and still moaned from the pain. Alya was mad, 

"How dare you hurt my friend! She is young and should be free to make her own choices." 

"Young lady I decide what happens to you both here, so I suggest you stay in line or I'll have to brand you too!" he said sternly. He unlocked Marinette's restraints and she fell on her knees clutching her arm. He took them both to an empty cell and locked them together. 

"I'm glad I have you with me Alya. It doesn't feel as scary." She said. 

"Let me see your arm. That looked like it hurt like crazy." Alya wrapped her arms around Marinette and they hugged each other with tears spilling from their eyes. 

"I haven't seen Adrien." Marinette said with worry. "I hope he is okay." Gabriel walked in and the two girls eyed him with malice. 

"Marinette, I have a task for you. I'm sure you won't refuse." 

"I don't want to help you." Marinette said. He opened the door and grabbed her by the arm. 

"Oh, but you will. You are coming with me!" He said yanking her arm from Alya. She looked back at Alya as she was dragged upstairs. She was surprised to find that she was being taken to Adrien's room. She stopped fighting and walked straight in. Adrien looked pale and was laying on his bed. 

"Adrien." She said. There was no response. 

"I need you to heal him." Gabriel said. "He has been getting worse ever since the wound." Marinette approached the bed and placed her hands on his shoulders. She could feel her body weakening as she transferred as much energy as she could. He still didn't stir though, and she kept trying. Gabriel crossed his arms and watched her carefully. 

"Come on wake up." Marinette said with tears running down her cheeks. She then leaned toward his face and kissed him. Gabriel was shocked at this move and pulled her away from Adrien. Adrien began to stir, and light filled his wound and immediately he was healed. He also had a strange glow in his eyes. 

"Marinette?" He asked confused. Gabriel kept his grip on her arm, and she smiled at Adrien with tears still running down her cheeks. 

"You're okay." She said quietly and her eyes began to close.