Chapter 12 - Rivalry

After several hours of walking, the team took a break and made a fire. Marinette grew some plants into a tent and they all relaxed. Luka kept watch outside and Adrien and Max began to calculate their journey and possible destinations. 

"We should probably keep heading this way if we don't want the akuma base to track us down. They have sophisticated tracking equipment and will probably find us if we stay in the same place for to long." 

"I agree." Adrien said. "My father and his troops will probably think to look for us around here, so we had better keep moving." Luka interjected. 

"So, you decided to join us, now didn't you? You know I won't ever forget the day when you kidnapped Marinette." Adrien frowned. 

"I was given orders and I had to follow them. It wasn't a big deal to me." Luka continued. 

"Marinette is very special to me, so I don't want you getting any ideas." He stuck a twig into his mouth and Adrien cleared his throat. Marinette then emerged from the tent with a big smile on her face. 

"Hi guys! What you talking about?" She said 

"Nothing." They said in unison looking away. Luka and Adrien both had major blushes on their faces and Marinette didn't know what she could have done. She did kiss Adrien earlier but no one but Alya had seen that. Marinette went in between them and eyed Luka. 

"What's with the twig?" She asked. Luka laughed and placed his hands on her shoulders much to Adrien's dismay. 

"I just thought I would get used to living in the forest by acting like a true forester." He said. Marinette giggled and Adrien came in between them. 

"Marinette did anyone tell you how gorgeous you look today?" Marinette's blush deepened and Luka scowled. 

"You are like a blossoming spring flower in full bloom shining in the moonlight." Luka said. Marinette smiled at the compliments and Adrien couldn't believe Luka he had to come up with something better. 

"You know Marinette, would you like to go on a walk in the moonlight down by the lake?" Adrien asked. Luka didn't expect this and thought fast. 

"Marinette there is a flower field near here that I saw while scouting. I would love to take you there." Marinette didn't know what to think and she was beginning to see what was happening here. 

"You know, I don't feel so good I'm gonna go get some rest." She said and walked off. Once she was out of earshot Adrien scowled at Luka. 

"You did this! She would still be here if you didn't make her uncomfortable." 

"Me? Oh no Adrien it was you who was making her feel uncomfortable. Do you know what kind of pain you put her through? It is all your fault!" Adrien was crushed and slumped over. 

"You know what? Marinette can choose for herself who she wants, and you have no control over that." 

"Do I?" Luka said with a smirk. 

"No, you don't actually. Do you know that she kissed me earlier?" Luka's blood boiled and he stomped off. Adrien glared at him with determination and continued his watching. Luka was normally a kind and thoughtful person, but when it came to his feelings for Marinette, he thought he would do anything to win her affection even if it meant force. If Adrien became a problem, he would have to take him out of the picture, and this is what he intended to do. 

Marinette slept beside Alya and the boys slept in a separate tent. Adrien slept away from the others in fear that he would hurt them with his powers. Luka stayed up and kept watch. There was a rustling in the forest and Luka grabbed a stick ready to fight. He heard it again and still didn't see anything. After a while he assumed it was just an animal and sat down.