Chapter 8 - Adrien to the Rescue

Adrien traveled through the forest hoping that no one would notice his absence. No one checked on him these days and he seemed fine with that. 

All of a sudden, he got a vivid picture in his mind of a room. He could see Marinette on a platform, and she looked like she was in pain. He snapped out of it and fell to his knees breathing hard. 

"Maybe there is something wrong with me." He said to himself. 

"Your gifts are finally showing." A voice from behind him said. He turned around and pointed his stick towards the voice. 

"Plagg?" He asked seeing the man. "How did you know I left?" 

"I followed you when I saw you go out the back door." He said. 

"I don't understand, what gifts?" He asked. 

"These." Plagg said pulling off Adrien's glove and revealing a mark that was appearing on his wrist. 

"No, it's just like Marinette's." He said. 

"You have power too Adrien. Your father didn't want you to know so he suppressed it for your whole life." Adrien realized that his father had been lying to him about the disease and the pills were just holding him back. It was a lot to take in. 

"I have felt a strange connection to Marinette ever since I came in contact with her." He said. 

"That is because when the two power or miraculous holders are together, they could hold hands and combine the powers if they focus hard enough." Adrien was overwhelmed with the knowledge of his powers. 

"I have to keep going Plagg. Someone needs my help." 

"And by someone you mean Marinette." Adrien blushed at the name. "I know love when I see it. Don't worry I won't tell anyone." He said and waved as he walked away. Adrien continued on his trek to the akuma base.

Marinette was miserable. She was still on the platform having her power taken from her and it felt like a slow death. 

Her attempts at moving were stopped by hands that were holding her down. She had tried to take all sign of fear from her face but now couldn't stop the stream of tears that were running down her face. 

Max felt bad for her, but Hawkmoth kept cranking up the machine with no thought of compassion. To him she was just an animal whose feelings didn't matter. It had been several hours, and Marinette couldn't take anymore. 

Just when she felt she would pass out, there was a crash at the entry to the base. Hawkmoth and several gang members ran out to see the disturbance. They found a bust smashed on the ground and were confused. All of a sudden, a dark figure took them all out from the shadows. 

"Show yourself!" Hawkmoth shouted when he was the only one left standing. Adrien jumped from the ceiling and smirked at Hawkmoth. "What do you think you are doing here?" Hawkmoth growled. 

"I know you have her and I'm here to take her back." He said. 

"What do you mean I have her? I don't even know what you are talking about." Hawkmoth said playing dumb. 

Adrien could tell he was lying and jumped back into the shadows. "Put the base on full lockdown! We have an intruder!" Hawkmoth commanded. Troops poured from the different rooms to find the intruder. 

Adrien jumped into a dark corner and crept towards where he felt Marinette. The feeling was getting stronger the closer he got. He burst into the room where she was being held and the akuma gang members began to shoot at him. Max put his hands in the air and Adrien took out the gang members. He noticed the device over Marinette's head and yelled to Max to shut it off which he did. Marinette still had tears streaming down her face and couldn't move.