Chapter 5 - Marinette's Escape/New Friends

The next morning Marinette, Gabriel, Adrien, and Felix all walked outside to meet the akuma gang and conduct the trade. Marinette wasn't quite sure what was going on but knew it couldn't be good if they were all here. A black truck drove up to them and a man dressed in black emerged. 

"I have your supplies Gabriel. You made the right decision." He said. Marinette glanced up at the man and he smirked. Marinette didn't like the look he made and was beginning to wrap her mind around what was happening here. The man called for his men to bring out the supplies. They began hauling out large boxes full of equipment. The man bent down and squeezed Marinette's cheek and she flinched. 

"You're coming with me little lady." He said. Marinette took one step forward and glanced around her, then she heard a voice in her head. 

"Run Marinette run!" Her eyes began to glow just as they had after her vision before and she was determined. She took another couple steps toward the akuma gang leader and then sprinted for the forest. 

Everyone was shocked. Marinette had been so reserved the past couple days and Gabriel had thought that they had broken her but there she went her fiery spirit back and the wind blowing through her hair. 

She smiled as she raced away into the forest free. She had to go fast otherwise she wouldn't be free for long. Felix and Adrien sprinted after her and General Gabriel called in all his troops. The akuma gang also ran after her throwing boomerangs and shooting guns. Marinette slipped through the trees with ease and touched everything she could causing plants to grow in the way of her pursuers. 

It was chaos between the akuma gang, and the military base and they even began to fight each other. She stopped and hid behind a tree when she couldn't hear anyone anymore. Then Adrien jumped in front of her. She gasped and clasped the tree behind her causing roots to emerge wrapping around Adrien. 

"Go Marinette." He said winking. She was surprised and smiled. He looked after her and wondered if he would ever see her again, though he had a feeling he would see her soon.

 Now that she was alone in the forest she kept moving. She arrived at a clearing with a large lake. The sun was shining down and Marinette breathed in the fresh air with a big smile on her face. She took a bath in the lake and then relaxed on the shore laying in the fresh grass. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

There was a small cabin in the woods, this is where Alya Cesaire lived. Alya was twenty years old and newly married to Nino Lahiffe. Alya loved cooking and journaling and spent her days on her porch or in the kitchen. 

"I'm going to go get some flowers for the kitchen table hunny okay?" Nino was lounging on a chair in the living room in front of a warm fire. 

"Be careful out there." He said. Alya kissed him and headed out with a basket in hand. The sun was about to set, and the view was gorgeous. She headed into the forest to her favorite place, the lake. 

When she arrived, she began to pick pink and blue flowers from the side of the river when she noticed footprints on the ground. They were not hers as they were a little smaller, but they were definitely the feet of a human. She followed them to the other side of the lake where she found Marinette laying in a patch of grass fast asleep. 

Alya jumped in surprise almost dropping her basket of flowers. She tiptoed up to the girl and looked over her attire. Her pants were ripped, and she noticed marks on her knees from scrapes. Her cheek was bruised too. 

Alya didn't want to disturb her but she also didn't want to leave her outside all night. 

"Hello?" She said a little to quietly. But Marinette didn't stir. She walked up and gently shook her head and was stunned with the feeling she got. A pulse of energy surged through her body and she flew back breathing hard.