Chapter 31 - The "Protection" Agency

Adrien and Marinette stopped their kissing and looked around when they started to hear voices. Adrien pulled Marinette to his chest and they leaned against each other and listened. 

"Over here!" One of the voices said. Adrien donned his Cat Noir mask and placed Marinette down. 

"Stay here, I'm gonna see what they want." He said. 

"No, I don't like it they'll take you." She said. 

"No one can take me without a fight." Adrien said spinning his pole. 

"Freeze!" Someone from behind him said and his arms shot up. 

"Oh hi there. Nice of you to drop in." he said before attacking the man and knocking him unconscious. He clapped his hands together in satisfaction when Marinette saw a bunch more of the agents coming behind him. 

"Look out Adr..!" She stopped herself not wanting the agents to know his true name. They charged with sticks that emitted lightning. Cat Noir fought them and even used his powers to take them out. 

"Finish him." A male voice said from behind the others and a blast sounded. It came out of nowhere and hit Cat Noir knocking him out. Marinette covered her mouth in shock and pushed herself harder against the wall. 

"He's not alone." The leader said and Marinette looked around her for anything she could use as a weapon. There was a wooden pole and she picked it up. When the other agents saw her she pointed the stick at them. 

"Let him go! I have a stick and I know how to use it." She said. The agents didn't know what to think and just giggled. "What's so funny." She said. All of a sudden she was grabbed from behind by someone and she dropped her stick. He carried her to a truck and sat her down. 

"I want to go home." She said quietly and began to cry. 

"Whoa whoa it's okay." The man said and removed his helmet. He was younger man with light brown hair and hazel eyes. "You're safe now. Did he hurt you?" He said pulling back her hair. Marinette shook away his hand. 

"No and get away from me." She said. 

"I need to ask you some questions." He said. "Then I'll take you home." She blinked and looked at him. He was handsome and seemed kind so she couldn't help but listen. 

"I'm Dariel I'm with the protection agency and we've been hunting down a base for a while now that's been taking out people for years. They've remained anonymous till we got a lead on them after seeing two similar looking assassins on the ground." Marinette knew so much but she wasn't sure she wanted to give anything away just yet. "Oh and I also heard that there are these teens who have insane amounts of power that could potentially be dangerous have you heard of any of those?" He asked. Marinette just stared at him and felt like she was in an interrogation. 

"I uhh..." She began but stopped. 

"It's okay you can tell me." He said. Marinette looked desperately into his face and then gasped when she saw Adrien all tied up and being hauled into a secure truck. "You can't take him. He's the kindest person ever you must believe me. He didn't mean to hurt you he was just defending himself!" She said. Dariel reached for Marinette's arm with the burn and she flinched. He studied the mark and gasped. 

"You are one of them." He said. Marinette pulled at his grip. 

"Please let me go! You don't know what you are doing." She said. Dariel let her go and crossed his arms. 

"You must know everything but why won't you tell me?" He said. 

"Because I love him." She said then ran towards where they were taking Adrien." Dariel followed close behind and she ran towards Cat Noir. His eyes slowly opened a crack and he saw her coming for him.