Chapter 24 - Trouble

Marinette laid on her bed and opened her eyes. She could see clearly again and felt better. She removed the mask from her face and began crying into her pillow. She never wanted to be a fighter or work for some criminal organization yet here she was. She just wanted to go home and have a normal life with Tikki again. 

She didn't hear a strange noise that began outside her window. The tap happened again, and an old woman peeked in the window. She heard Marinette crying and decided to do something. Marinette heard when she tried to pull the window and moved her tear-stained face to face the old woman. She opened the window and the woman spoke. 

"Are you okay young lady?" 

"Who are you?" Marinette asked. 

"My name is Leanne and I can help you. Now why are you crying?" Marinette looked down. 

"I'm scared because I'm being forced to work here, and I don't belong here." 

"Where are your parents?" she asked. 

"I don't have any." She said knowing well who her father was. 

"Were you kidnapped?" She asked. 

"Sort of." She said wiping away her tears. 

"This place is infamous for the people they dispose of, but I've never seen them take a prisoner before." 

"They took me because I am useful to them." She said. The woman nodded. 

"Quick get something to hide in." Marinette slipped on a hoodie and Leanne helped her out the window. She carefully examined a metal ring at the top of her suit. "We have to make sure they didn't tag you otherwise you can't escape." She smashed a gauge on the back of the suit and Marinette felt her strength return. She knew Gabriel did something to weaken her. She put the hood on, and Leanne rushed her to a car. 

"Get in hurry!" she whispered, and Marinette climbed in the back. The old lady drove like a maniac and Marinette was a little concerned. They arrived at a building and Leanne pulled Marinette out and they went inside. Leanne kept her close and Marinette pulled the hood lower. They went up to a door and entered. It was a cozy apartment with beautiful décor. Leanne removed Marinette's hood and she smiled. 

"It's really beautiful! Where are we?" The woman's face became grave. 

"This is the house that you will live at. I stay here as well but you won't notice me. The people who live here are, well you'll see when they get back." Marinette didn't know what that could mean but sat down anyways. "Make yourself at home." 

"Thank you, ma'am. Can I use the phone?" She asked. The woman glanced around her nervously then handed her a cellphone and slunk off. Marinette didn't feel good about her, so she called up Luka, the only phone number she knew. 

"Hello?" He answered, confused at the unknown number. 

"Hi, this is Marinette." 

"Marinette! Where are you? Are you okay?" 

"I don't know yet. Is there any way you can give me Alya's number or even anyone who would be nearby to my location?" 

"On it." He said. Marinette decided that she would get out of the house as it didn't feel right. She opened the window and just as Leanne started to come back in she climbed out and swung herself to the ground with ease. Her suit helped her move easier. She took off running and spoke to Luka on the other end of the phone line. 

"Where are you? Can I meet you at somewhere by me like now?!" she said. 

"Send me your location and I'll be there." He said. Marinette pulled up the maps app and sent her approximate location to Luka who rushed to come pick her up. She ducked at a street corner and put on the mask she had taken off. Suddenly, her phone began to ring again. She picked up and Alya answered.