Chapter 6 - The City/The Attack

Marinette couldn't have asked for nicer friends and they talked, laughed, and sang to the radio all the way to the city. When they arrived, Marinette looked out the window to familiar sights including the coffee shop where she had been abducted. She shivered at the thought.

"You doing alright girl?" Alya asked noticing Marinette's sudden uneasiness.

"I think so." She said pulling her sunglasses on her face. They arrived at a busy shopping area and parked. They stepped out into the street and headed towards the shops.

"There are so many people here you don't have to be nervous." Alya said. She was right, it was practically a crowd. They approached a bakery and Marinette jumped in delight when she saw the fresh baked goods.

"You look like you could use a croissant" Alya said and Marinette's smile grew. She entered the bakery and took off her sunglasses to admire the store. Her mouth watered at all of the different baked goods. Alya and Nino held hands and enjoyed seeing Marinette's joy. Alya walked up to the counter and bought croissants, donuts, and cupcakes. They waved at the owner of the bakery and walked outside to a table.

"I see your getting more comfortable." Alya said noticing Marinette had taken her sunglasses off.

"You were right, there is nothing to worry about in a crowd this big." She said taking a big bite out of one of the croissants. All of a sudden Marinette's eyes went wide when she locked eyes with her friend Luka. He happened to be walking by and now had a look of pure shock on his face. Alya and Nino saw this and stood in front of Marinette.

"You want to get her, you'll have to go through us." Nino said. Marinette pushed past them.

"Guys it's okay. I've known Luka for years." Luka ran up to her and hugged her.

"Are you okay? I saw them take you."

"I'm fine." Marinette said squeezing him harder. "I'm so sorry they hurt you." She said.

"It was nothing I wouldn't be willing to take for your sake." He said. Marinette blushed and pulled out of the embrace. She liked Luka but she didn't feel he was the one for her. Luka rubbed Marinette's bruised cheek and got the energy sensation again. He remembered feeling it when he had touched her hand that day in the coffee shop. Alya and Nino stood behind them surprised and Marinette turned to face them.

"I'm sorry guys, I just haven't seen Luka in a while, and I didn't mean to leave you out. You've been so kind to me. Luka this is Alya and Nino my new friends." Luka waved at them. Alya smiled and shook his hand. Nino also shook his hand.

"I guess I'll see you around Marinette. I know you don't have a phone, but I'd love to stay in touch. Alya gave Luka her number and he waved goodbye.

"That was nice." Alya said. Marinette sat back down and sighed. "Do you like him?" Alya asked with twinkling eyes.

"What? yes I mean no, I mean, I don't know." Marinette rested her head on the table.

"You seem conflicted. Almost as if you like someone else." At this comment Marinette's face turned red and shook herself.

"No there is no one else." Marinette said crossing her arms.

"Okay if that's what you say girl." Alya said.

Back at the Agreste base Adrien sat in his room with his head in his hands. He was punished for letting Marinette escape and he wasn't allowed to leave his room for a week. Felix was happy to have free reign of the base and also was the first choice for missions. All Adrien could think about was Marinette. All of their efforts of finding her recently had failed and it was the base's main mission to recover her.