Chapter 27 - Pain and Heartbreak

Nathalie pushed Marinette into the back seat and tied her up. She drove off towards wherever she was heading, and Marinette looked back at the base as it disappeared. All of her memories with Adrien all of her hopes of maybe living a somewhat normal life were disappearing with it. 

Blood still seeped from her cheek and she gave up struggling and cried. Nathalie rolled her eyes ignoring Marinette's crying as she reached the building. It was an apartment complex and it was very familiar to Marinette. 

"It was you, wasn't it?" She said. 

"What did I do?" Nathalie asked focusing her attention on Marinette. 

"You hired Leanne to kidnap me." 

"Oh Leanne, she did her part without completion. Emilie was my key, now I'm taking you up to my apartment for the night. We will head to the akuma base to meet up with Hawkmoth tomorrow." Marinette blinked her tears away and Nathalie untied her. 

"Follow me and don't resist." She said taking her arm. Marinette followed her up to the beautiful apartment that she remembered, and Nathalie sat her on the couch. She locked the door and walked over to Marinette. 

"You're bleeding you know that right?" Nathalie said pointing to her cheek. 

"Yes ma'am." Marinette said. 

"It looks painful, may I help you?" Marinette nodded a few more tears spilling out of her eyes. She felt vulnerable and helpless. Nathalie helped her clean her cheek and bandage it up. She handed her some pajamas and showed her to a bedroom. 

"Make yourself comfortable and I'll be right out here if you need me." She said closing the door. Marinette didn't know what to think of Nathalie. She was obviously in league with her father and obviously rich based on her apartment. 

She changed and flopped onto the huge comfortable bed. She looked around the room for anything that would be useful. There were only average objects such as a hairbrush and a couple books on interior design and relator business since Nathalie was a realtor herself. 

Marinette also noticed a computer in the corner. Her curiosity peaked and she crept over to the chair. She opened the computer and noticed files on it that seemed out of place. Some of them were marked restricted which made her even more curious. She pressed on the file and gasped at what she saw. 

There was a picture of her and then specs for a new device that would completely take her powers away. Even worse were the test videos showing it worked to perfection on the poor test subjects. Since they didn't have power and the machine just drained the life from them. A tear ran down Marinette's face and then her heart skipped a beat when she saw Nathalie's reflection from behind her. She turned off the computer and spun around in the chair. 

"Snooping through my secret files are you now?" Nathalie said twisting her own hair. "That's unfortunate. I thought I could trust you and that you were a helpless little girl who needed a home." She said as she got a grip on her chin. 

"I won't do it again." Marinette said. Nathalie eyed her scared face and sighed. She pulled her from the chair and to the bed. 

"Now go to sleep. I'll be watching you." She said leaving the room. Marinette looked up and saw a security camera that was watching her every move. She pulled the blankets over her head and tried to sleep. 

Nathalie called Hawkmoth as soon as she had dealt with Marinette. 

"You have my daughter Nathalie?" He asked. 

"Yes, she is quite the troublemaker as I saw her snooping through my files, but she is sleeping now." She said. "I believe she saw our plan." Nathalie said nervously.