In The End

Another week has passed and Seonghwa ventured further and further into the home of seven wolves and their children. He became more comfortable with them, eating every meal with them now and held more conversations with all in the household. He grew closer with Hongjoong and Yeosang the most, Wooyoung occasionally would spend time with him and Minjun.

After all, if it weren't for the Omega his baby wouldn't have been able to survive thanks to his milk supply. Seonghwa was settling in nicely, as much as he is afraid to admit. He knew he needed to keep moving, before Minjun grows more and makes it noticeable for the others. He was willing to do anything to keep his past a secret, even if it means to run away and never grow roots again.

He was helping Yeosang wash everyone's clothes by the creek running past their home, the silence between the two was comfortable as Minjun napped against Seonghwa's chest in the sling. His dark head of hair in the sunlight was showing hints of brown and red, Seonghwa falling in love with the color and as his son slept he would press kisses every so often to the top of the soft hair.

"He's getting so big already," Yeosang hums, smiling at the sight, "Hard to believe he's already two weeks old."

Seonghwa felt panic slightly rise in his chest, but he quickly masks it from his scent before the other notices, "I know, he's a lot like I was. He grows quickly."

Yeosang hums, chuckling as he scrubbed at a shirt of his, "I can't wait to have pups. It's something I have been passionate about since I found Jongho. I would do anything to have a baby with his nose, his lips, his eyes." Yeosang sighs, "It'll be like I'm falling in love all over again."

Seonghwa smiled, a pang went through his heart at the mention of the word. He never experienced love, the only love he has ever felt was towards his son and his son only. Yeosang finished washing his basket full of laundry, and reaches over to take some of Seonghwa's to help him, "I don't mean to be rude... but... what happened to Minjun's father?" Seonghwa flinches and Yeosang's scent immediately spikes with stress, "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"It's not something I want to talk about," Seonghwa swallows, "It's still a hard conversation to share for me."

"I understand," Yeosang frowns, "I'm terribly sorry."

The silence between the two now grew tense and awkward, Seonghwa avoided Yeosang's gaze and Yeosang bit his lip as he wracked his brain for a different subject to talk about. He finally looks to the older Omega and spoke softly, "Do you miss your home?"

Seonghwa stopped scrubbing at one of Minjun's blankets and stares at the soft fabric. Home, it's a place where he is supposed to belong and somewhere that feels safe for him. He thinks about the different medical examinations, the scheduled meals and bath times. He felt like a robot instead of an actual person.

Then he remembers the severe consequences of not following said schedules. The heat inducing test from where he was artificially inseminated. The visions of the facility swam across his vision and he felt himself shaking slightly.

The facility was the only place he had for the longest time.

"N-No," Seonghwa set the blanket aside and brings a shaking hand up to cradle against Minjun's back, "I don't."

Yeosang frowns as he watches Seonghwa shake slightly, feeling the fear radiating off of the omega before he finally placed a hand on Seonghwa's knee. Seonghwa looked into Yeosang's kind, hazel eyes, and the omega spoke softly with a hint of sincerity in his tone, "Seonghwa, we will protect you no matter what. You are in safe hands, you can trust in us. Okay?"

Seonghwa licks his lips softly before nodding, he felt his wolf settle at the words and calmness soon washed over the two. Yeosang sighs with a small smile, pulling away to stand, "Come, let's go hang these to dry and then head inside. I think Yunho, San, and Wooyoung are working on a wild pheasant chili tonight for dinner, and I do not want to miss that."