Chapter 33

Greece 12 p.m.
Y/n POV -

The duty free shopping areas is probably my favourite part of the entire flying experience. Unfortunately we have to catch a flight. If that wasn't the case, I would be roaming around these shops for hours. Looking at all the make up, shoes and my all time soft spot.. the fragrance section! Ethan sees me gazing around and automatically grabs the backpack from my shoulder. He looks at his watch and smiles when we lock eyes. "Okay.." he chuckles, as if he's about to unleash his enthusiastic dog in the dog park. "Go do your thing." He sighs playfully annoyed as he reaches for his wallet and pulls out that familiar looking creditcard.
"We're gonna go get some food and then head to the gate. You've got 40 minutes, my lil pet." He adds laughingly as he waves the card in front of my eyes. I stare at Ethan intensely, the tension between his us is palpable. I love how he wants to take care of me, but I also love how he wants to push my buttons. Because he knows damn well that is exactly what he is doing right now. I'm trying to suppress a smirk, but I feel the corners of my mouth curl up. Ethan reciprocates the provocative expression on my face and grins. I snatch the creditcard out of his hand and laugh at his shocked face. He did not see that coming.
"So what's the limit on this card?" I ask him jokingly, while raising a brow. Ethan wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead. "You're gonna regret teasing me." He chuckles as he let's go of me. "40 minutes!" He yells as I walk off and I turn around to blow him a kiss, before I speed walk to the fragrance store. I laugh as I look at the creditcard he gave me and I carefully tuck it away in my wallet. There is no way I'm gonna use his card, but I love the playfulness that is slowly returning between Ethan and me. Once I'm in the fragrance section I decide to waste no time and approach the sales representative. She directs me to the aisle where my favourite perfume is stored. And I'm surprised to find Ava there.
Holding the square glass bottle with golden cap. Dolce and Gabbana The One has been my go to scent ever since I was 20. It's a warm and sensual scent. It has this deep floral touch to it, with a woody base and it complements Ethan's musk perfectly. "Hey.." I say quietly. She looks up and smiles. "Hi.." she answers in the same quiet manner. "Good choice!" I add as I point my finger at the bottle she is holding. "Oh.. yeah.." she says as she holds up the fragrance and her smile grows bigger. "This has been my go to scent for years." She says and the smile on my face disappears. My eyes grow wide and I swallow, trying to hide the surprised look on my face. But I'm failing miserably when Ava raises a brow and squints her eyes at me.
"What?" She asks me, questioning why I'm staring at her with a dropped jaw. "You're lying!" I say with a raised voice. "Tell me you're lying! There is no way!" I breathe. Ava tilts her head and stares at me with even more confusion on her face. "That's my go-to scent!" I say, hoping it explains my reaction. "What?" She says again, now not in a questioning manner, but astonished. "It's not!" She laughs. "You smell like strawberries." She adds and her words make me really question my body odour. I tug on the collar of my shirt and sniff it. I know my scent is sweet. But this sweet?! And this noticable?! "I mean, that is what Ethan told me." Ava quickly adds. "Has Ethan told you how I smell?" I gasp. Flattered but a bit worried as well.
"Ethan has told me everything about you." Ava continues while observing my puzzled look. "O- okay.. that's a bit creepy.. since, like.. I don't know you." I laugh nervously. "Nooo!" Ava squeals. "It's the cutest shit I've ever seen! The way he loves you.. that's true love, girl!" She says and her words feed my soul. It is! It is true love! "What about you?" I curiously ask Ava, while remembering so vividly how Grayson reacted to her. "What about me?" Ava asks me. And I wonder if I should proceed. I don't know Ava and I might be crossing the line here. But I've been missing out on a lot ever since I've left L.A. "What about your true love?" I hesitantly ask. "I- I- don't have a true love.." She stutters as she traces her lips with her fingertips and her cheeks turn red. I think I'm on to something. I'm definitely on to something!