arcade

-I've been on hiatus for about three months. I'm not dead, thankfully, so I'll be waiting for Bad Batch. I have a theory that Crosshair will switch sides, either that, or become a spy of sorts
-4,958 words, 13.5 pages
-published 1 March 2021

'𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙡𝙤𝙩? 𝙂𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙪𝙨 𝙪𝙥 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙄 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙 '𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙣 𝙎𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙, 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙, 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙤𝙣...'
-𝘼𝙧𝙘𝙖𝙙𝙚, 𝘿𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙇𝙖𝙬𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚

PREVIOUSLY ON WANNABE

"See if you can find a Corellian light cruiser that looks like a pile of junk. I believe its name is...uh...Mill...Milly...?"

"The Millennium Falcon." Luke corrected. "There's a chance the people we're looking for are on that ship. If not, consider us all goners."

"Uh," muttered Grav. "Sir, yes sir?" (Y/n) playfully rolled her eyes. "Wonderful. Make sure you tell the boys not to start anything while we're gone. I'm a bit worn, and I don't plan on dealing with anymore bucketheads." (Y/n) turned off the transmission.

"We're getting out of here, and this time, I'm not losing anyone."

Games were fun. They provided entertainment, a cause for laughter, and the spreading of smiles. (Y/n) used to love playing hide and seek with Anakin. When she was younger and hid from the prying eyes of bullies, Anakin would go looking for her, and when he found her, he'd say, 'I found you, you're it!'. It was his way of cheering her up. His way of making her smile. They couldn't do things other kids did, like go to arcades, or explore the city. It was the Temple and only the temple. But (Y/n) never minded. Not when she had Anakin.

As (Y/n), Luke, and her men raced through the halls, (Y/n) told herself this was a game of hide and seek. Just like old times, (Y/n) had to hide from Anakin. Whether it be by escaping through the balcony, the front doors, or even a hidden passageway, it was just a game. No one would die if she kept her cool, and for that reason, she had to convince herself that this was just a game.

Her lungs burned, her arms and legs were numb, but if she stopped running, they would lose the game.

"This way!" (Y/n) didn't know where she was going. All she could trust was the Force and her gut. A door swished open, light poured in, and for a second, the sun blinded her. Although warm and welcoming, the light had an edge. It burned like a raging fire and made her skin crawl. Were they followed? No, was this an ambush?

(Y/n) tapped her comm. "Status?"

"A transport has been secured! We are nearing your location!"

(Y/n) turned to the door's control panel, and with a flick of her wrist, she crushed it. The wires sparked and crinkled as she motioned to the landing platform. It lay a few hundred meters away at the end of a thin bridge. If the wind were any stronger, (Y/n) was sure it could have blown her over the side. "Get a move on boys, it's clear there's no room for negotiation here!"

"Who's cutting open that door?" inquired Luke.

(Y/n) didn't have time to answer. "MOVE!"

With all her might, she force-pushed her men and Luke to the edge of the long bridge. They went airborne, flying through the air until they skidded to a stop on the smooth platform. The first thing (Y/n) heard was the searing of melting metal. Then the hiss of a lightsaber. Henry, Luke, and Storm were screaming, but (Y/n) couldn't understand over the howling wind. She spared a glance over her shoulder. The door--oh, why wasn't it jammed shut--came barrelling towards her.